help me

lacygirlcat
on 5/3/11 1:33 am - Morehead, KY
 I was just under 130 for a couple of years after rny and now I'm at 135....I've been exercising, cardio, walking, strength training for about 6 weeks...the weight started going up last summer....I can't lose any of it.  I've gone back to protein drinks and cutting out sugar....when will I see improvements????  Getting very frustrated!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEW2DAL/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wEW2DAL/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Debbiejean
on 5/3/11 3:48 am - Shelbyville, MI
Okay, now...let's forget about the scale for a minute. You are focusing on a number.

1. What does your body look like? Are you happy with your shape/body? Remember we are not thinking about a number on the scale.

2. How are your clothes fitting?

3. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Exercising and doing a good combo of cardio/strength training. Really wait for at least 3 months before you start worrying about the number on the scale. For now measure yourself. Look at yourself NAKED in front of the mirror.
Cutting out sugar is good. Protein drinks are fine but be sure to eat food. Practice Mindful Eating, watch your portions. Good for you being on top of your weight regain. It happens to almost everyone. I just lost 7 pounds these last 12 weeks, not dieting, just mindful eating. Exercising and saying no to cookies! Listen to your body, it will tell you what you need. Good luck, you will get the weight off...slowly. Hide your scale for now.
Kim S.
on 5/3/11 8:42 am - Helena, AL
Yup--What Debbiejean said!

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 6:24 am
You weigh 135 and you are upset? Really?
sallyj
on 5/16/11 6:37 am - Spokane, WA
I know it has been awhile since you posted, but I don't check into OH as frequently anymore.  So this may be too late to mean anything.

But...it is good that you are concerned about five pounds rather than wait for it to be 10 or 15 or more pounds.  It looks like you are almost five years out. Often it is when we are three or four years out that some of the "bounce back" weight may come on.  Was 130 your original goal or just what you lost to?  It may be your body is trying to settle at a higher weight if you went below your goal.  A ten percent regain is the statistical norm.  But just because it is normal, that doesn't mean you want it!

I'm sure you know that the exercise can contribute to weight gain through increasing muscle mass, so looking at how the clothes fit is a good indicator if you are putting on muscle or fat.

I tried to lose some of my regain and found that the more I worked at it, the less effect the effort had.  I've recently started again and find that taking it a bit easier on the exercise and paying more attention to calories has helped me.  I calculated my resting metabolism and activity level so am aiming for a calorie deficit of about 20%.  That seems to be working much better.  I never did protein drinks (couldn't stand the stuff), so I'm also making sure I get the protein in like I should--and drinking water--and taking supplements.  

Good luck with maintaning a healthy weight.

Most Active
Recent Topics