Inspirations

lynnc99
on 11/29/14 9:50 pm

So in the past week, 2 of my post of friends have done amazing things.

One completed the Philadelphia marathon.

One is, as I type, at base camp on Mt. Everest. Yes, Mt. Everest. 

So why have I been whining to myself about regain and getting "back on track"!!!

This week I began working with a dietitian again. My best weight is 155. I had to face the music that I was up to 191 lbs.

I am at 184 this morning.

It's nothing we don't already know about. The old habits lie in wait for us. Sugar and carbs creep in. And there you go. 

So I am back to logging my food (the dietitian is a friend on MFP so she can check me out!). Lead out with protein, veggies, reasonable starches, limited fats, a little dairy if I want it. 

At first I was very anxious - surprisingly! What if I got hungry? I hate the feeling of hunger! What if...who knows?

It's been 4 days now and I feel much more focussed and better about the whole thing. 

I may never see Mt. Everest or finish a marathon, but I've put in a LOT of effort to get this far and won't let it go!

dianne220
on 12/1/14 3:35 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12

Thanks for the post.  I hit  goal at 9 months post op and even got down 25 pounds below my goal.  My lowest was 150 but no way could I maintain that.  I stayed at 157-160 for a year or so.  This past month I have gone up to 170.  I am going to star****ching what I eat again and incorporate more exercising.  I am a runner but now have hip problems so I have to find something else to do.  We can do this!! 

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

lynnc99
on 12/3/14 7:14 pm

Yes we CAN! 182 for me this morning. Logging my food has a lot to do with it! And while I can't run because of knee problems, I think I'll try jogging laps in the pool at the gym to see how that goes. Friend of mine is a trainer and says "you can do impossible things in the water!" 

My other workout challenge is the work schedule. I start early and at the end of the day it would take a stick of dynamite to get me thru the door of the gym. I guess that's gotta change. 

jastypes
on 12/9/14 5:45 am - Croydon, PA

I believe there is a Back On Track forum here too for encouragement.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

jastypes
on 12/5/14 2:16 am - Croydon, PA

Hey! Nice to see you!  Barix support group meeting this Saturday in Langhorne.  hint hint.  We happen to be discussing Regain:  What is normal? What is acceptable?  How can you combat it? 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics