***REGAIN ***Veterans, question?? What has worked for you with regain and losing it??

Sadeyes49
on 4/20/17 1:03 pm - CT

Hello,

I am dying to know if anyone who is a veteran, (longer than 2 years out) has had significant weight gain, and managed to take the weight off and keep it off. Not by revisions.

Thank you.

RNY: MAY 25, 2011

Nan2008
on 5/9/17 5:58 am - Midland, MI

Hi! I had my surgery in 2009. I lost 160 lbs. My three kids also had surgery and together we lost 650 lbs. Three of us have had a bit of a bounce back. I have been trying like mad to get the 40+ pounds off that I put back on. I was recently introduced to a great product called THRIVE by my daughter (who also had gastric bypass) and I have to tell you, it is the BEST thing I have done for myself since having the surgery 8 years ago!

Thrive is premium grade nutrition, it's vitamins & minerals. It's a three step synergetic system that's done within the first 30-40 minutes of your morning routine. It helps with energy mood support general aches and discomforts weight management , works best when your eating right and incorporating exercise.

I wasn't taking my vitamins faithfully and since being on this plan my labs have been 'astonishing' according to my doctor :-) If you'd like to learn more about it, feel free to PM me or check out my website.

Ngrau1.Le-vel.com

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

deafdiva
on 8/16/17 8:03 pm

Hi! Where did you find this THRIVE ?

deafdiva

jacreasy
on 1/16/18 2:03 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

Curious ??

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

samsander
on 5/12/17 12:37 pm - CA
I am following the WW Simply Filling plan with some success.

It's just the stuff we are supposed to be eating anyway but I have found the accountability is helping.

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

Sadeyes49
on 5/12/17 12:53 pm - CT

Wow! that's great! Unfortunately, I tried WW faithfully for 4 months and did not lose a pound!

Thanks for replying!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/16/17 2:46 pm

I am 9 years post op. And 2 days.

I lost all my excess weight and 10 more lbs. By year 5 or 6 I regained 35 lbs. I was drinking too much alcohol, eating too many carbs, eating and drinking.

There was a point that I decided "enough" . I changed my diet.

• proteins + fat plus some limited carbs. 900-1100 cal per day, 90-100 gr of proteins form natural sources (no protein bars, fake foods), plus no more than 50 gr of carbs from non starchy veggies and if i had some fruits - only berries. very dark (86-90) chocolate as a treat, no more than 1 large square per day
  • Plus moderate exercise (fast walking, yoga).
  • One cheat day (more fruits, more veggies) every 2 -3 weeks.

in 3 months I lost 20 lbs... and I got too comfortable. Cheating more. still had some wine once in a while.

app 2 years ago I decided I wanted a face lift. I knew I needed to be in best shape - with as much fat gone as possible. So in 6 months I lost the last 15 lbs. no wine, no cheating days ...

It can be done.

FYI: I just came back from a 10-day cruise. Normally people gain weight on a cruise. I gained weight before the cruise so I can afford losing some if I get sick. I did not get sick, but I ate very cleanly. Meat, fat, veggies, some fruits. I lost 3-4 lbs not even trying. I I had fruits as desserts, very little wine (2 glasses total in 10 days). i ate 4 times a day, but concentrating on good food - and being active - i lost weight.

FYI: junk food does not make me feel good. I feel tired, sluggish, or sleepy. Or I may dumps, or may get RH... These were the reasons I tried to eat "clean food" . I did not want or need to lose more weight.

i.e. my day:

coffee (black) + tea

B: crispy bacon, 2 eggs, butter, some (a few bites) veggies

L: meat or fish and veggies...and butter

S: cold cuts, avocado tea, or coffee... (or nuts, with a bite of fruits and very dark chocolate, or jerky)

Dinner: meat or fish, steamed or roasted veggies with butter...

LNS: nuts or SF jello with a few berries.

I ate steak, and fish, shrimps, veal, etc... any veggies - just a bite or 2..(I was too full after the proteins)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/17 4:10 am

Thanks for this post very encouraging! I am working on losing some regain .... lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks. Need to step up my exercise. I am also 9 years this month (May 2008). Lost 130 and stayed good with diet and exercise for 7 years .... then fell away from exercising and food followed. The support here, reading posts has really helped these last few weeks to get my eating back in control. Doing the best I have done in a long time. Didn't have support all these years and now have online and found a hospital support group not too far away that seems good. My hospital where I had surgery was more informational type meetings.

eating clean is great have not had RH in over a month.

Thanks again and hopefully in a few months I can say I am back at goal like you!

Sadeyes49
on 5/17/17 6:50 am - CT

Dear H.A.L.A B.

Thank you for your very detailed post!

I have learned throughout this process that nothing happens overnight and when you fall you just get back up and look at the failure as a learning tool and keep it moving from there.

I am going to print out your eating plan and follow it, modify a bit if I need to, for me.

Awesome job ! And thank you for letting me know what worked/works for you!

Memorymom
on 5/30/17 5:26 am

I had my RNY in 2003. I lost over 150 pounds. I have gained and lost 20 pounds over the last 14 years. I've gone through several stressful situations in my life including a divorce. I too am finding I have no support locally. I had my surgery 100 miles away from my home. I'm looking for a way to restart my weight loss. I would love to find others who are in the same situation as I and would like to support each other.

Most Active
Recent Topics