ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE .........

Elle Felts
on 7/29/05 11:32 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL
WITH WEIGHT GAIN? I'VE GAINED 12 POUNDS JUST THIS SUMMER. I'VE MANAGED TO LOSE 5 OF THEM BUT IT'S KILLING ME TO GET OFF THE REST. I'VE INCREASED MY EXERCISE, WATER AND NOT AS MUCH PROTEIN AS I SHOULD, BUT I JOINED A GYM THE END OF MAY AND I'VE DONE NOTHING BUT GAIN EVER SINCE. I'M GETTING NICE AND TONED BUT THE WEIGHT GAIN IS KILLING ME. I'VE EVEN HAD TO GO UP A SIZE IN PANTS. I'M SO DISAPPOINTED. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? I'M NEVER HUNGRY, BUT I EAT JUST OUT OF BOREDOM. I HOPE THINGS WILL GET BETTER WHEN I GO BACK TO WORK NEXT WEEK AT SCHOOL. ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED. NO FLAMMING, PLEASE. ELLE
Darlene
on 7/29/05 11:53 pm
Yes, I have some weight gain, it is pretty normal to have a bit as your body adjusts it's self. You ever thought it might be muscle your making? Darlene
Elle Felts
on 7/30/05 12:09 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
I'M THINKING,.....SOME MUSCLE, YES, BUT NOT THIS DARNED MUCH MUSCLE I JUST EAT LIKE A PIG SOME DAYS. SOMEDAYS, I FIND MYSELF REALLY CARBING OUT. MAKES ME SICK. ALL THAT DOES IS MAKE MY BLOOD SUGARS GO UP. I JUST WANNA CRY, CRY, CRY. I KNOW SOME WEIGHT GAIN IS EXPECTED, BUT I DIDNT' WANT IT TO HAPPEN TO "ME"! I STILL HAVE DREAMS OF GETTING BACK DOWN TO 135-140. I WONDER IF I CAN EVER MAKE THAT HAPPEN??? ELLE
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/05 2:08 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello ELLE!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YAH, can I relate and Ive been fighting an 8 to 15 lb weight gain for almost a year now, Aaaargh! As far as eating all the time? ...this is what I just sent to Laurie on another thread, word for word: My BIGGEST EMOTIONAL STRUGGLE, bar none - is mindless meaningless urges to eat. Not hungry, not stressed, not upset, happy, crying, etc - just a wandering mind that always goes back to FOOD. I hate the obssession with it STILL -- after such a long hard fight to regain my health, my life and to REPROGRAM my brain, the "formerly obese" food tape is still playing quietly in the background. Enjoy your weekend - Lei
Elle Felts
on 7/30/05 4:28 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
HEY LEILANI. GREAT SEEING YOU AND ALL THE OTHER 'OLDTIMERS' HERE. THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY WITH ME. I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. I'M RIGHT HERE WITH YA GF. ELLE
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/05 5:35 am - Fort Myers, FL
I'm with you Elle. Struggling right now and really working hard at getting back to basics. I was up reading pouch rules last night. Kind of makes me feel like a loser--the wrong kind of loser. I am hungry, but I tend to eat out of boredome too. You know what scares me? Every now and then I will wake up in the middle of the night and start craving food. I have almost never given in, but that is a scary reminder of my pre-op self. Sure wish the lobotomy came with the wls. Seems like lots of us are dealing with the reality of living long term as a wls person. Maybe we can work on this together.
Elle Felts
on 7/30/05 6:18 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
I THINK THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS GOING TO BE A BIG ASSET TO US "OLDTIMERS" DON'T YOU? WE MUST ALL STICK TOGETHER. ELLE
tammy 5xblessed
on 7/30/05 1:43 pm - Florence, AL
I have days where I want to eat everything in sight, but I am good at resisting. I am not hungry, I just get the urge to eat something. Is that strange? I go through periods of about 3-4 days where I want NOTHING to eat, and then I go through a period where I WANT to eat even though I am not hungry. I am NEVER hungry? What are your thoughts? Hugs and happiness, Tammy
Kaye A.
on 7/31/05 5:33 am - Brigham City, UT
Hi Elle, I can relate. I gained 6 pounds this summer and started to panic. I had to start journaling my food intake so that I could see what the problem was. Now hopefully I can take care of the problem. It is so frustrating to see those pounds go up. I have lost 1 1/2 of the pounds but I know it isn't going to be easy to get them off. Kaye
Most Active
Recent Topics