Headgames

CelticRose
on 8/1/05 9:16 pm - MA
First... this is for Joanne... in response to your reply last night... Second, I have a question about headgames. Do any of you feel that when you are tired it's tougher to win at playing the headgames when it comes to eating properly. I am dealing with sleep deprivation issues right now and it seems that the more tired I get the worse I want to eat. When I don't have the same energy to beat back the bad thoughts, I crave food more often (strictly headhunger), I want junk food more often for convenience and taste, I don't always think protein protein protein & drink drink drink like I usually do, ... I think you get the idea Anyone use a different strategy or trick for handling food issues when tired or am I the only person out here? Carolyn
kiwani
on 8/1/05 9:29 pm - columbus, ga
Carolyn, I dont have that problem, but I am looking forward to hearing these responses in case I need them !! (thanks for the sweet email) Kiwani
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/05 11:10 pm - Fort Myers, FL
KIWANI--Just wanted to say I like your new picture.
kiwani
on 8/2/05 12:26 pm - columbus, ga
Thank you Lynda..... Yours is always pretty...
izdawnie
on 8/1/05 10:19 pm - Haynesville, Me
Carolyn, Good Morning to you..... SO tell me what patterns do you need in cross stitch?????? that is the only thing that saves me, is doing something that distracts me.. I have a habit of cleaning up in the morning, and making a great cup of coffee, coming in the living room, grabbing my knitting turning on Life time for woman, and tuning in a good movie, I even light the candles in the living room, and make it real comfy, and it really relaxes me, enough not to figit, and think about food...... Find something that occupies your time, distracts you, keeps your interests, and you will relax your mind enough to keep it off of food... This is what works for me.... And being in he house now, and not able to get my arse in gear to paint and paper for a bit, I constantly have head hunger going on... it's rough, especially with Marianne baking.... You take care, and I hope this helps..... Love you, Me
RITA32
on 8/1/05 10:56 pm - Stoneham, MA
Don't have much more to offer but Val is right keep those hands busy and they won't be picking on food. Or just come on board on chat we here.... Keep up the good work it's hard
CelticRose
on 8/2/05 1:23 am - MA
Now that you mention the cross stitching I had to think again. OUCH...that hurts you know. I realize that I do keep busy at home enough that I don't really get head hunger then. I get it more at work on slower times. Times like when I have to run a program and wait for it to finish. I rally can't be doing x-stitch at my desk. I try to keep my water bottle going all day but I do think of food at work. In part because my cube mate bring in fast food all the time and even with a cubicle wall between us I smell it. Hmmmm....maybe I should use my going to a buffet trick and spread a little Cick Vapo rub under my nose on my upper lip. I do this at buffets so the smells of great food don't get me. Crazy I know. I think I am the Queen of the Crazy Solutions People. Thanks for the reply. It has stimulated my thinking part of the brain. Hope I don't set off the fire sprinklers. Take care, Carolyn P.S. Always looking for small (ornament size) patterns for general design (year round) and then for the holidays like Christmas, Hanuka, Kwanza... I have friends with all sorts of backgrounds.
**willow**
on 8/1/05 11:41 pm - Lake In The Hills, IL
If I am tired, haven't slept well etc. My eating will definately get crazy, Its like I am trying to get some energy. So I try to be in bed early since I know I will be up by 5 am come heck or high water. I need to be asleep by 9-930pm at the latest. If I go to bed early I sleep sounder too. If I'm up til 1030 or 11 I wake up off and on all night then feel like death in the am. It is all part of my be healthy plan. At least 8 hiours of sleep, take my vitamins, iron, calcium, etc. eat enough protein and get in my 6 meals a day, and exercise strenuously at least 4-5 times a week. It all works together to keep me physically and mentally healthy. Yes it takes a lot of work to keep it all together, but the payoff is awesome. better health, more energy, less depression. I think the key to handling food issues when tired is go to sleep, make your sleep a priority and taking care of you is your most important job. You can't take care of your family, husband, friends, job, if you are not taking care of you. women tend to be a little bit "martyrs" always putting themselves last on the list. It really doesn't do anyone any good to sacrifice yourself.
CelticRose
on 8/2/05 1:29 am - MA
Normally I sleep VERY well. My problem right now stems from a back problem. I can't twist without extreme pain that then goes down the legs. Although I normally sleep very well, I also sleep very oddly where I roll everywhere. I have a queen size bed and there isn't a spot on it that my head doesn't touch in a night. This demands LOTS of twisting so I have found that the only solution is to sleep in the car with my CPAP on. I do get sleep there but it's not a good sleep. I have done this for so long that Iam sleep deprived. Possibly tonight I will be getting a back brace so I can once again sleep inside. I will be soooooooooo happy as will the fire department that broke a window twice thinking each time that I was dead in the car. (I am just a hard sleeper who is half deaf. The last time at least they knocked LOUDLY n the window before breaking it and I woke up) My neighbors will be happy too. I think it sort of freaked them to see someone sitting in a car sleeping and wearing a full mask CPAP apparatus. Thanks for your reply, Carolyn
TheresaC
on 8/2/05 12:55 am - Me
I have major food issues. All I want to do is put food in my mouth. I think about it constantly. I think about what I can eat next. Even when I am going for food I am berating myself but I still do it. WHY????? :shrugs: I wish I knew. I have always been and most likely will always have sleep deprivation. I love to sleep! My schedule is nutty between the kids and hub, but oh well. That is life. Maybe then the girls are in college, that is like 13 or 14 more years. Hang in there honey! It has to get better and with the support here, you will do it! Hugss Theresa
Most Active
Recent Topics