OT.....crunched car!

IRAYD8U
on 3/23/11 8:18 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Hey all!  I'd love to say I'm doing well but really if life could throw me anymore curveballs......Did I mention I hate baseball?!?!

We are getting more snow here in MN.  I lost control of my car on my way into work last night and crunched it pretty good!  I am fine but pretty sore and stiff.  I can't get a rental until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest since everyone is wrecking thier cars today.  I have been *****ing about the metal/cable fences they put up in the medians on the freeway for the last couple of years because they destroy peoples cars when they hit them.  but after last night I tell you that damn thing saved my life!  I was going between 40 & 50 when I lost control after goin under an overpass.  At the speed I hit the median I would have flown over into oncoming traffic and i'd be dead!  I still hate those things and would prefer a cement barrier but I'm thankful none the less!  I have decent insurance so I had roadside assitance, rental car insurance and only a $500 deductable. 

This year isn't rounding out to be so great so far.......Healthwise I'm doing well......my mental health isn't so hot tho.....LOL  I think it's time to see someone cuz I just can't get over the overwhelming feeling of suckiness I have!  I wish I had the energy to get on here more often but it's just not there for me.
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Stacey N.
on 3/23/11 8:23 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hang in there and try to think good thoughts, thank god you were not hurt and are just sore! i hope all will be better for you really soon.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

baat2010
on 3/23/11 9:23 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
Oh, Heather, I am so glad to hear that you are okay! Wow, it is all such a delicate balance. I find myself more and more grateful just to be alive even when the suckiness factor is high. I have thought many times how you have such a beautiful spirit. I hope you do see someone - it is amazing how much it can help to talk with someone *****ally gets it and still challenges you to make your life better.

I hope you will check in when you can. We miss you!
Amy

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 3/23/11 9:30 am - Mills River, NC
We've been missing you.  Glad you are only sore and stiff.  Find someone to talk to, life can be better.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Pink-alicious 1
on 3/23/11 10:05 am - WI
((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
HW233/SW233/CW124/GW120    

Kermit P.
on 3/23/11 10:41 am
I am glad you are okay and am sorry for one more added stressor.  When life sucks for awhile it is hard......BUT it does get better and sometimes having someone who can help guide you through it can help a lot.  Hang in there!!   

~~~~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 10:47 am
Aww  Heather    so glad Ur OK  ....  

U know  we think these  things are SO HUGE  .... but what we narrowly MISSED is what we have to thank  God for .... 

so glad U walked away.... 
lerkhart
on 3/23/11 11:34 am
Heather, so sorry you wrecked your car, but really glad you are ok.

Hope you get to feeling better soon so you will feel like joining us again.  We miss you!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Ruthie D.
on 3/23/11 1:52 pm - Mayer, AZ
Heather, it's not fair that you almost coulda died and that you aren't up to visiting the board very often, when I really have been looking forward to getting to know you better.  I think you are pretty neat... and the reality is, your "realness" is why it's totally okay to take the time you need to get out of this funk.  But, do me the favor of handing over the shovel so you can't dig any deeper into it, ok?  heh heh   Big Hugs to you, and it's gonna get better soon.  Guaranteed! 

LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Kimmes
on 3/23/11 9:36 pm, edited 3/23/11 9:36 pm
Heather....

So glad you are OK! It could be so much worse. This weather stinks! I thought I was going to die yesterday driving in this stuff too!

I saw my life flash before me when the car in front of me did a 180 degree spin in the middle of 494 and hit the concrete wall and ended up in my lane facing the wrong direction. I made the quick decision to move onto the unplowed (thick wet snow) shoulder.

I thought for sure I would plunge into the ditch and roll or get hit by another car. But I swear (add the music here) Jesus took the wheel! I safely drove on that shoulder and back into my lane - right around that spun out car - like a pro. Well like a pro who darn near wet themselves - but I made it!

Thankfully you have all the proper insurance to meet your needs. You were very lucky - count your blessings! Here hoping that the worst of 2011 is behind you and that the remainder will be filled with joy! Sending prayers your way!

Kim

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views