Brrr!!

aspan
on 5/25/11 9:35 am
I know that loosing weight can make you cold all the time but now im starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my thryoid or something..its 71 in here, im sitting here with two blankets, one of which is a heated blanket and drinking coffee and im STILL cold!! I am cold all the time all day long...should I be worried about this or is this normal?? I've always been a "cold" person but this is crazy.
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
MajorMom
on 5/25/11 9:47 am - VA
Hmm...how's your iron and ferritin? 

Sorry, sound like your thermostat is broken. Mine finally came back to normal but it takes some time.

((warm hugs))

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

aspan
on 5/25/11 9:53 am
I don't know actually...we just have labs done at 6 months and then not again until 12 months..I don't know what ferritin is??? Is that something that should be in my multi?? Sorry, im kind of ignorant about vitamins..but last time iron was ok.
MajorMom
on 5/25/11 9:58 am - VA
Ferritin is your stored iron and you want that level to come in up near the top of the range...maybe 200-300. Iron you want around 80-100. Mine were at the low end of the normal range pre-op and it's taken me 3 years to bring them up with supplements. Did you get a copy of your labs last time?

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

aspan
on 5/25/11 10:10 am
no I didn't..but I will ask for a copy this next go around..also feel very fatigued all the time so I think something is off..but I have been taking all my vitamins like im suppose to.
MajorMom
on 5/25/11 6:46 pm - VA
You might want to ask your PCP to run some tests for anemia. I was taking a combo of carbonyl iron w/vit C in the afternoons and heme iron (Proferrin) at bedtime. That combination has brought m numbers up nicely it took about a year to bring them close Vitalady's goal levels.

If it turns out you are low on your iron markers perhaps you can get your PCP to prescribe Proferrin Forte. Don't take any over the counter ferrous supplement it's worthless to us and it will clog your pipes.

--gina

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

BBMaker
on 5/25/11 11:57 am
 I'm freezing all the time too. I hear it gets better.
Deb366
on 5/25/11 12:31 pm
I am cold alot too, but I used to be the warm one!! I just layer, and working out in the morning really helps raise the temp.

Gina- you have warmed up?? How long did it take you??

I was at the doctor's office on Monday (I am healthy adn worked out in the morning (walked/ran over 4 miles) and my tempurature was not even 97!! My normal body temp is never 98 unless I have a fever.

But totally healthy and felt warm and I was 96. something....geez....talk about turning your thermostat down....

I love blankets!!

deb366

Currently 125  pounds
MajorMom
on 5/25/11 6:49 pm - VA
About 2 years but my iron markers were a little low then. Once I was able to get them moving up, I haven't been near as cold natured. Some folks say this is the key but others say it doesn't affect their thermostat like that....I guess the jury is still out but worth a try.

--gina

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 9:06 pm, edited 5/26/11 3:11 am
I froze the first year all the time .... now I am running warm to slightly hot a lot of the time go figure . Especially after meals . I think its brown fat kicking in ... I think its a GOOD thing ;) .

its not a pseudo - hot flash thing ( that would mean too much tamoxifen .. ive been there too ) .. im actually HAPPY with it .

Nice to not carry a winter coat everywhere lol in case the office has air conditioning . I STILL hate air conditioning though ... and my husband and father in law are ADDICTED to freezing temperatures .. this will be our first real summer together yikes .

by the way .. the BIG difference between last yea r and this year ( I hate to admit it but when the General's right she's right! ) ....any way I strongly SUSPECT SHE is lol .. Ms. Gina told me to take iron ( and not elemental iron either because we cant absorb it around a year ago ...) Mind U .. im a LIFETIME chronic anemic ...to the point that in childhood they stuck horrible bone tests in me testing for leukemia... so sweating like a normal person is truly a MIRACLE for me thanks awesome Gina !!

Ure the BOMB !! huge hugs Ava
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 516 views