Hi

justwillow
on 8/4/11 9:00 am - OR
I haven't posted in a while, kinda got a butt chewin last time, it helped by the way.  I was eating anything I wanted (of course small amounts) and I wasn't losing so I confessed on here got some good advise and started having just what I am supposed to have.  I am still not losing and am scared to death that this is all I am going to lose!  I thought maybe it is a stall??? I lost like 14lbs in the first week and now it is so slow.  Here is what I do mix 18oz of skim milk with two scoops of whey protein powder and drink it off and on thru the day, I also eat 1/2 a protein bar around 11:30am then I eat 3oz if chicken on salad with dressing for dinner.  Sometimes I will have a little snack in the eveing like a sf pudding or 1/2 a apple with peanut butter, some cantalope you know something along those lines.  I had surgery 5/23/11 and I have only lost 24lbs total and nothing for over 3 weeks.  I am scared and very disapointed and a little depressed?????? I just don't get it.  Thanks for listening

Jody ***
on 8/4/11 9:16 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi and welcome back!

Are you tracking your food on a program like myfitnesspal.com?  Sometimes that's a real eye opener as to what we are putting in our mouths, calorie, carb and protein wise.

It almost sounds like you're not eating enough.  Which protein are you drinking? 

I know you're not far out, so its very difficult to eat much at all.  Just be sure you're concentrating on protein first, veggies then fruit.  It WILL happen.

How slow is SO slow?  Remember, we're lightweights and we don't lose the pounds as quickly as someone heavier than us, but our percentage of bodyweight lost is the same.  Also, taking your measurements definitely keeps your sanity, as our bodies will continue losing sizes as the scale shows no loss!  Then one day - BAM, you're down 4-5 lbs.

Stay with us and ask away!  Its a difficult journey and we've all been there.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

aspan
on 8/4/11 9:23 am, edited 8/4/11 9:25 am
I agree with Jodi, sounds like maybe you are not eating enough..maybe your carbs are kind of high...I would track what you are eating and see what percentage of fat vs protein vs carbs you are eating..if your carbs are high I would decrease those by having a protein snack at night or maybe a piece of lunch meat rolled up with some cheese, or some pepperoni..something like that...you are still very early out so remember protein has to come first..
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
MajorMom
on 8/4/11 9:45 am - VA
Welcome back, Willow. I think it's great that you're drinking a big protein shake, you might even want to add another one later in the day.  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 8/4/11 10:37 am - Mills River, NC
I'm going to sound like a broken record but I agree. Tracking your intake will give you a lot of information.  Do you have a plan from your Nut?  Are you following it?  Are you getting in at least 64 oz of fluid a day?  At 2 months out, you should be getting close to 80g of protein a day.  Maybe your fruit is high and the carbs are keeping you stable.  I had to drop my carbs to 30 or less to keep losing. Try cutting the fruit, replacing with veggies and upping your protein.  See if that helps.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 8/4/11 10:59 am
Welcome back Willow.  I agree with the others on posting in a program that will give you the daily totals on what you are eating/drinking.  It really helps to see the % of carbs, fat, protein and make adjustments if needed.

Did you do your measurements before you had surgery?  Check those because sometimes when your not dropping pounds, you could be shrinking in inches.  Give yourself some time.  Are you getting any exercise?  Sometimes just changing up things a little can help you get started back with the weight loss.

Try posting for a while on the Menus and Miles that Roz post each day.  She can give you some good advise.

Good luck and dont' be a stranger!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 8/4/11 12:23 pm, edited 8/4/11 12:51 pm - Butler, PA
Welcome back!!  I'm sorry  you felt you got a butt chewin!!!   That is never our intentions!  We love our LW's and we want everyone to feel Welcomed, Accepted, and Successful in their journey!!! 

I don't know what surgery you had so I'm thinking as a RNYer who doesn't absorb all of the nutrition in regular food.   I have to use supplements to keep my labs in good shape.

1st...if I were to quess, I'd say your low Protein total and the carbs in the milk, salad, dressing, protein bars, and fruit are the culprits that are slowing you down.  There is no benefit as far as weight loss is concerned in salad, dressing and fruit this early out.  Take Calcium Citrate to get your calcium in instead of all of that milk.

2nd...drinking the same protein drink over the day isn't a good idea.  Our saliva breaks down the protein so it's best to make fresh ones and drink them over 1/2 hour or so. 

3rd...try mixing your Protein in water to cut back on the carbs and extra calories in the milk

4th...Protein bars were a no no in my menu early out...you have to very choosey about what bar you buy.  A lot of them have little protein and to many carbs.

5th...SF pudding...more milk?

Protein...Protein...Protein!!!!   Every meal and snack should be protein!!!!  Protein Drinks, Meat, Cheese, Beans, etc

Check the label on your Protein too.  Make sure it is low carbs and high Protein.  I never use a Protein unless it is at least 20 grams of Protein per scoop. The Syntrax Nectares don't have any carbs in them.

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

RaggetyAnn
on 8/4/11 12:40 pm
VSG on 02/15/11 with
Willow, the advise the LW Goddesses have given is so apt. 
I'm five months out and I STILL track everything that goes in my mouth, and it helps soooo much.  One day I got to 1800 calories.  1800!!!!! It was a total abberation, but honestly, if I hadn't tracked it, I would have never known. 

If it makes you feel any better, I have been in a stall for 4 weeks.  I just stick to my meal plans and remind myself that if I do the plan, I'll be fine.
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

Mrs.M
on 8/4/11 9:37 pm

without tracking it's difficult to tell but your protein sounds pretty low.  That early out my program didn't (actually still doesn't) allow any fruits.  Every program is different though.
You are losing more than 8 pounds a month and 1-2 pounds a week is just fine.
Stay positive
janet

Roz !!!!
on 8/4/11 10:28 pm - Butler, PA
Try posting on fitclick.com   (I  love it).   At almost 3 years out, I still have to post to keep myself on track.   I would love to see your totals after you've posted!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...