Don't know if I should be worried? Follow up

jspencer1014
on 8/30/11 6:54 am - Riverdale, GA
First let me say agian how very much your replies and support have meant to me. Now, here's the update...

Dr finally returned my call. Had a good in depth conversation with him and while he says he is a bit concerned, He thinks I'll be ok to wait till my next appt. He said that because of the g-tube we don't have to worry about dehydration and getting in my protein. He suggests that I stay on the clear/full liquids if it helps, but I can keep "experimenting" with pureed and soft foods if I felt up to it. I'm not vomiting now, but if I start he wants to know. Doc said we would have to reevaluate the situation if that happens. 

We talked about what this could be, and he said that it may just be that my pouch is still swollen and irritated and can't handle foods yet. I can still eat a spoonful (baby spoon) or so at a time, but that's it. And then I am done for the day. His suggestion was to not push the pureed/soft foods and just eat what makes my pouch happy. I guess he might have suspected that this would happen bec
ause he didn't seem all that surprised! He kept saying, "yeah, that can happen." And since he was up to his elbows in me, I guess he would know!!!!  LOL
"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

Price S.
on 8/30/11 7:02 am - Mills River, NC
I'm glad you talked to him and that he seemed to be ok with all of it.  You have been through so much.  I hope it is just a speed bump, not a detour.  this certainly isn't what you signed up for but in the end, it will be good and you just need to keep your eye on the goal. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

jspencer1014
on 8/30/11 7:55 am - Riverdale, GA
On August 30, 2011 at 2:02 PM Pacific Time, Price S. wrote:
I'm glad you talked to him and that he seemed to be ok with all of it.  You have been through so much.  I hope it is just a speed bump, not a detour.  this certainly isn't what you signed up for but in the end, it will be good and you just need to keep your eye on the goal. 
I am trying really hard to keep my eye on the goal. Only problem is that the goal seems to be getting farther farther away. Kind of like the bad dream where you're running as fast as you can but you're not getting anywhere! I know it will get better, but this is so much harder than I thought it would be. I sure didn't sign up for this, and neither did my husband. You are right about that!!! Last night I was complaining about having pain after eating some pudding and my DH says, "Well, you did this to yourself. You did choose this, so I don't want to hear about it anymore!"   I was totally shocked. He's never been the comforting type, but man!!!!! I was so pissed!!! Anyway, everyone in my circle is getting tired of the complications. Most act like I'm doing it on purpose! I'm so happy to have support here! Thanks!                                        -Julie

"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

MajorMom
on 8/30/11 7:10 am - VA
Sounds pretty reasonable but I sure wish you weren't having to go through all this. Hang in there and keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

jspencer1014
on 8/30/11 7:58 am - Riverdale, GA
On August 30, 2011 at 2:10 PM Pacific Time, MajorMom wrote:
Sounds pretty reasonable but I sure wish you weren't having to go through all this. Hang in there and keep us posted.

--gina
Thanks, Gina! I'm hanging!!! I'll defiantly keep you all updated if anything changes. Soon, I'll have lots of positive victories of my own to post!!! The scale and the non scale types!               -Julie

Ruthie D.
on 8/30/11 10:21 am - Mayer, AZ
Thanks for the update!!  Hang in there - this will all be water under the bridge before long.

And, remember that (most) men are not who we need to vent to... they have a warped sense of "getting into the solution" and want to fix everything.  If it's not something they can fix then they wonder why in the heck you are even telling them about it.  They don't "get" that we women have to gritch or else we'll blow up!  LOL

Big hugs!
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
kelly_hope
on 8/30/11 11:06 am - Marysville, WA
Glad to hear it's nothing serious! 
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

baat2010
on 8/31/11 1:05 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
I am so sorry that you are going through this. You will look at back at this moment and know it was worth it.

Amy
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Eliza55
on 8/31/11 10:10 am - PA
Good luck Julie.  I hope that everything settles down soon.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 516 views