GRRRR!!! Hate my RNY!!!!

jspencer1014
on 9/8/11 8:06 am - Riverdale, GA
Had my 1 month(5 week) appt with the surgeon today. Total weight loss for the 5 weeks 18 pounds. Yeah, not worthy of a drumroll. I am sooo irritated. I know the weight will eventually come off. I know I need to be patient, but D**n!!! With all the nausea and vomiting and infected tubes(It's infected again,btw), antibiotics, now add in all the frickin pain and suffering in the last 5 weeks and I have EARNED a bigger loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      I didn't need this pain in the a$$ surgery and all the nasty complications to only lose 18 piddly little frickin pounds in 5 weeks!!!! And most of that was in the first 2 weeks. I've only lost 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks.

My surgeon is concerned. Apparently my weight loss isn't even close to the curve most of his patients are on at a month. Thanks a lot Doc. I figured out that one on my own. NOW tell me how to fix it!!!URRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

The Dr's theory after my husband and I assuring him that no, I haven't been eating a lot of high calorie/high fat foods, is that once I start tolerating more foods and start eating more a day the weight will start to come off. .....Um...OK....So how do I do that when I get sick on pudding still?!?!?

His brilliant answer, Time. Yay... More time...  I am hating my RNY right now!!!

Ok. Breathe. *in/out/repeat*  Rant over (Still pissed though!!)

"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

MajorMom
on 9/8/11 8:14 am - VA
Alright. Listen up. You're a lightweight and we LWs don't lose according to most of his patients. We lose less pounds but it's a percentage thing. Like many other LWs, I only lost about 20 pounds my first month...we're 3 pounds different. I agree that once you can give your body more nourishment you'll start to lose.  Be determined!

The other stuff you're going through is totally not normal and I don't blame you a bit for being pissed off like holy hell. You come here and vent and rant all you need to--we'll listen and understand.

((hugs))

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 8:33 am
 yeah I think the feeding tube has a lot to do with it too .   The reason they give those to people is so they dont lose a lot of weight ...  as a general rule.  

I personally lost NOTHING though i the beginning ...  so Ure better off than I was and I still got to goal..( in record time too and WITHOUT dieting )  So dont worry so much     big hugs 
jspencer1014
on 9/8/11 8:40 am - Riverdale, GA
On September 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM Pacific Time, ♫♪Mini-Me's Mommy♪♫ wrote:
 yeah I think the feeding tube has a lot to do with it too .   The reason they give those to people is so they dont lose a lot of weight ...  as a general rule.  

I personally lost NOTHING though i the beginning ...  so Ure better off than I was and I still got to goal..( in record time too and WITHOUT dieting )  So dont worry so much     big hugs 
Thanks for the encouragement, Mini-Me. It gives me hope that I'll reach my goal, too. I think I am so down because I've been sick for so long. Honestly, the idea of taking more antibiotics makes me want to crawl under a rock and cry!!!
"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

jspencer1014
on 9/8/11 8:36 am - Riverdale, GA
Thanks, Gina. I am just so tired of being sick. I don't even know what to do with myself anymore! I'm happy to hear that for a lightweight, I'm not too far off target. 

Eliza55
on 9/8/11 9:20 am - PA
I think that you're tired of not feeling well - I hope that gets better soon.  To make you feel better,  I can't eat much, and I exercise a lot, and yet I've only lost 22 lbs.  My surgeon thought that that was great (he looks at percent loss).  Typically for his patients it's about 20 lbs in the first month.  So you're right on track!

And we all get stalls, so keep thinking positive and long term.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

jspencer1014
on 9/8/11 9:26 am - Riverdale, GA
On September 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM Pacific Time, Eliza55 wrote:
I think that you're tired of not feeling well - I hope that gets better soon.  To make you feel better,  I can't eat much, and I exercise a lot, and yet I've only lost 22 lbs.  My surgeon thought that that was great (he looks at percent loss).  Typically for his patients it's about 20 lbs in the first month.  So you're right on track!

And we all get stalls, so keep thinking positive and long term.
thanks, Eliza. I appreciate the encouragement. You're right about being sick of being sick. I want to get outside. Play with my furry babies, and spend time out with my non-furry baby. I'm ready to have my life back!

kelly_hope
on 9/8/11 9:39 am, edited 9/7/11 9:43 pm - Marysville, WA
I am on the heavy side of the light weight world. I lost 22lbs my first month. I didn't lose ANYthing from week 2 post op to week 5. Not a darn thing. Then it started trickling off again. It will happen. I won't say don't be frustrated cuz I was. I'd flip the darn scale off when I would weigh in. Just keep pushing through. It's all you can do.

KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

jspencer1014
on 9/8/11 7:10 pm - Riverdale, GA
On September 8, 2011 at 4:39 PM Pacific Time, kelly_hope wrote:
I am on the heavy side of the light weight world. I lost 22lbs my first month. I didn't lose ANYthing from week 2 post op to week 5. Not a darn thing. Then it started trickling off again. It will happen. I won't say don't be frustrated cuz I was. I'd flip the darn scale off when I would weigh in. Just keep pushing through. It's all you can do.

Kelly, You are awesome!!!! I wanted to do much worse to the scale at the dr's office than flip it off!!!! I had a fleeting thought of wondering if they had ever had someone throw their scale across the room before!!! lol I'll keep pushing cause as you pointed out, there's nothing else I can do!!!

Kermit P.
on 9/8/11 11:06 am
You have been through the wringer....no doubt. I know I am blessed as I have not had complications and you have had way MORE than anyones share. WAY MORE!!!!

BUT, as far as weight loss I have lost "only" 42 pounds since surgery and I am 6 months exactly from my surgery date. I say only because although my weight loss is slow (and I was NO way close to 20 pounds at the 1 month point)......YET, I would never be here at my current weight without this surgery. What you are going through sucks the big one but hopefully sooner rather than later you will also no longer have regrets. I have seen many on OH who were miserable who were able to eat again semi normally a few months post surgery. I know I am a lighter start weight than you but don't compare yourself to others as far as weight lost. I LOVE Kelly saying she flipped her scale off.....there have been MANY weeks with little or NO weight loss yet I was getting smaller. Freaky yet frustrating. I had to start weighing just once a week due to plain ole disgust that I was not losing and sometimes even gaining. BUT, in the past 6 months, I ran a mile for the first time in my life, hiked a mountain, and no longer need plus size clothing. Hell yeah!!!!

Hang in there.....there are a bunch of us rooting for you!!!! I pray that you are feeling better soon. Also many of us go through a stall at 3-5 weeks post surgery....it WILL start coming off again! Truly!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 516 views