Question For The Doctor

mymaluv
on 9/17/11 11:50 pm
Hey, I get to meet my doctor on Wed .  I have some question for him. Can anyone give me questions that I should ask  like some that you did ask and some you wished you would have asked. I had my appointment with the nutritionist  and  I liked it.  My pouch is going to start out the size of a ping pong ball, then it will get to the size of a tennis ball.  I have to do  liquids for a week before my  surgery datelol. They said it is because they want to shrink my liver.  I hope I get a date that is soon
MajorMom
on 9/18/11 1:41 am - VA
Some of these are specific questions if you're seeking the DS but you can substitute and modify as needed. Link: www.dsfacts.com/Questions-To-Ask-Your-Surgeon.html

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 9/18/11 6:08 am - Mills River, NC
We had to attend so many training sessions, I didn't have many questions that needed to be answered.  You may want to know if you will have a drain, what your diet progression will be, how long in the hospital is normal, what about gall bladder (some Drs take them out while they are in there), what labs will be done before surgery and how frequently afterwards.

Hope you have a great meeting.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

kimberly_gr
on 9/18/11 8:43 am
You may want to discuss the medication you'll receive upon discharge from the hospital--specifically your pain medication.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views