Did I really do that?!?!

jspencer1014
on 10/1/11 9:12 am - Riverdale, GA
At the Dr's office yesterday they took some measurements of my neck, waist and hips. They do this at every appt, but I've never paid attention before yesterday. I wrote them down , really just for s#*ts and giggles. Wasn't expecting much because I can't see it yet. Today I put them into the body tracker on here to compare them to the measurements they took at my last visit before surgery. OMG!!!! I lost 9.5 inches around my waist!!!!!! Almost 6 inches from my hips, and a little over 2 inches from my neck!!!   Now I want to go take the other measurements I took before surgery again and see those numbers go down too!!!! I started out at a 30/32 and today I bought a pair of 24 pants!!!  I know I'm still big. My husband pointed out that I have lost a lot, which made me feel Great till he added that I still have a long way to go. Oh well. He may be an a$$, but he's right. The thing is that now I feel confident that I will keep going and that it won't come back!!!   And I have to say, it feels awesome!!! I know there is still work to do, but now I feel ready, and now I feel like I'm reaping the benefits of all the hard work I've been doing! 

I wouldn't have made it this far without you all on here!!! Thank you all again for supporting me!!! You guys ROCK!!!            -Julie

"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

ruxanby
on 10/1/11 9:23 am
That's Awesome, Julie.  Just don't buy too much!  You are going to need alto of different sizes during your journey and will not stay in 1 size very long. Trust me.  I work corporate so I needed work, gym and casual clothing it has cost a ton.  More recently I wore my 10s with a belt totally skipped the 8s and went right to 6s  I am thinking that is as low as I will go, of course i thought that to with the 10s.  wear what you can as long as you can and shop those sale racks!    it is cheaper to buy belts then new clothes all the time however hard not to buy new clothes as well!

Sheri
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

jspencer1014
on 10/1/11 9:46 am - Riverdale, GA
I'm guessing that buying new stuff would get really expensive really fast!!! I usually only shop at thrift stores because the cost of shopping new is outrageous!!! Today we got a cold streak and I was caught with no long pants that fit!! I've put on over 100 pounds since September of last year so I have no winter wear! lol  I found some pants on clearance at Wally World for $6! Most of last winter I wore my DH's long sleeve shirts. He is 6'8" and around 300 pounds. Even at my biggest his clothes made me feel small! LOL I will wear his stuff again this winter for as long as I can. The pants will be harder. I have sweat pants that will take me a while to shrink out of, but whatever else I'll need, I'll find at thrift stores. I can't imagine being in the corporate world again. The cost of good business wear is crazy!!! And as fast as  we shrink? Just, wow! I have a lot of 8's and 10's that I was in before I started gaining. Now I'm glad I kept them!!!  Thanks for the insight about belts! I will keep it in mind as I'm going down!Thanks for sharing!                      -Julie
"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

Kermit P.
on 10/1/11 9:58 am
It really is am amazing journey and I KNOW that I would never have gotten to my current size without this surgery....I have shopped at thrift stores pretty much the whole way.....it is also odd as my clothes will get loose when I am NOT losing.  Today at the gym I was once again having to keep hitching up my exercise capris so I am thinking I will have to break down and buy new ones at the store.

Congrats on a good day!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
jspencer1014
on 10/1/11 10:04 am - Riverdale, GA
It's got to be a great feeling to see the change in yourself!!!! Congrats on needing new capris!!!     I cannot wait until I get the all clear to exercise again!!! Hopefully it will be soon!           -Julie

Eliza55
on 10/1/11 7:59 pm - PA

Julie
That's great!
I have been losing more inches than pounds until last week, so it give me something to know it's working. 

I also work in a corporate job, so I need clothes that fit well.  I'm down from a 24W to an 18 REGULAR !!!  I got some pants last month that were a little too tight, but wearable, are now too baggy for wear to work.  I try to keep 1 pair of nice fitting black pants at all times (I think that's my uniform).  I also have about 2 light sweaters that look good. - People see the two sweaters and black pants all the time.

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 11:38 pm - NY
I am soo happy for you Julie! that is great and I'm sure you feel fantastic with those sizes going down. I'm happy for you
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 516 views