Surgery next Monday

mymaluv
on 10/10/11 10:23 pm
Hi everyone my date for my RNY is next Monday.   I am ready but I have a whole lot of butterflies.   I am so nervous I could scream.I am happy. I dont want to stay in the hospital to long because I am going to miss my kids. This been a really quick process. I started goin throught the motions at the end of Aug this year and my surgery date is Oct 17th.  How long did any one stay in the hospital.  I am having the Lap RNY.
angel3
on 10/10/11 10:46 pm
I had my surgery first thing in the morning and was home next day in the afternoon.I also was very nervous,I think that is normal.
mymaluv
on 10/10/11 10:50 pm
Thanks I am so happy but nervous to.
Eliza55
on 10/10/11 10:57 pm - PA
I am impressed - that was really fast to schedule surgery.  Take care, and good luck
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

AnneGG
on 10/11/11 1:04 am
I was just in the hospital overnight, and had a hiatal hernia repair in addition to lap RNY.

Had lots of butterflies, too, but just kept moving through them.

Now at goal for several months, I would do it all again in a heartbeat! I'm sure you will say the same in a year!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 10/11/11 1:22 am
Have a blessed surgery and recovery. Take care of yourself and get some rest.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

melizabeth
on 10/11/11 1:39 am - CA
I had my RNY surgery 3 weeks ago, also on a Monday and I'm feeling great.  I was nervous and cried on the way into the operating room.  Everyone was so nice and tried to comfort me.  They asked me what kind of music I liked and I said, "Give me some old time rock n roll".  I then said, " Does Dr. Rumsey like the oldies"?  They said the oldies were his favorite (WHEW!). The music began and helped calm my nerves immediately.  So be prepared to tell them what kind of music you like LOL!

Your process is the quickest I've ever heard of.  It was a 9 month process for me from start to finish.  The waiting and anticipation was very hard.  Good luck to you next Monday.  Relax and enjoy the music.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Kermit P.
on 10/11/11 2:02 am
Good luck to you!

I was shocked that I was not nervous prior to surgery.....this may have to do with my pre-op process being 11 months....I was pretty prepared for when it finally happened and  relieved to have a surgery date.

I was in the hospital two nights....surgery was on tuesday am and I came home thursday in early afternoon.  I came home with a drain and that was out the next monday (I hated that thing).  I wish you the best of luck....it is worth it!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
mymaluv
on 10/12/11 2:44 am
It was quick but I am so happy about it.  I am not sure why I have butterflies.  I hope they go away I cant sleep at night because I am study thinking about the surgery. I am suppose to do this liquid diet but to tell you the truth I cant even eat right now. I take a few sips and I don't want any more.  I am just that nervous. Funny how now I cant eat/ not hungry when all that I could think about was food 
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views