Update

jspencer1014
on 10/21/11 10:20 am - Riverdale, GA
I know it's been too long since I updated, and I hope no one was worried about me. I'm fine. Hubby is still gone and I'm moving forward with the divorce. He has calmed down and seems sorry for what he's done but then, he always did before, too. I'm not buying it this time.  Health wise, things have been tough. Apparently my vitamin deficiencies were severe. Probably a combination of my levels being on the low end before surgery, not having the supplementation I needed, and having so much trouble eating. I'm on the right track now. I know that I will start feeling better soon. And as far as the eating...I'm still not eating as much as the dietitian and bariatrician would like to see, but I'm much better than I was. I eat 3-4 times a day but only about a tbsp or 2 at a time. I'm starting to get my 60-90 grams of protein in a day again, too. When stressed, I can't eat. Now that the stress is easing, I'm doing better.  Thank you all for the continued support. It's still hard, but things are improving everyday!            -Julie
"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

italianspice
on 10/21/11 10:25 am - Eastlake, OH
Glad to from you. Just remember to take care of yourself! Here's to a healthier you physcially and emotionally.

Maria

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Kermit P.
on 10/21/11 10:41 am
Very glad to hear from you.....I had been wondering how you were doing.  I am sorry that things with the husband have not gone well but it sounds like you know what is best for the two of you and your relationship.  I hope your tummy continues to heal and you are able to eat more soon.
God job with the protein considering your challenges!!!

Hang in there!!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Ruthie D.
on 10/21/11 2:52 pm - Mayer, AZ
THANK YOU!!!!  

Now I can pull myself off the ceiling.  Ka-thunk!   Truly glad to hear from you and that things are calmer and you are moving forward.  Good for you for knowing when it was time to get the heck out. 

MUAH! 

LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
MajorMom
on 10/21/11 8:28 pm - VA
I'm glad things are easing up a bit but I'm worried about your nutrition. Are you trying to follow Vitalady's vitamin plan? Here's the link in just in case. www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramPRNY2-2010.pdf  Keep after those protein shakes and take your vitamins. Your stomach will come along on its on good time.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

rbb825
on 10/31/11 3:30 pm - Suffern, NY
I just saw your post, I have been in the hospital myself.  I am really worried about you.  Not getting enough nutrion or vitamins can really lead to alot of problems, I know I went through it this past winter when I was hospitalized with multiple surgeries.  I became severely malnurished.

I am glad that you are getting in the protein in, you need to be closer to 90 than 60 to keep your nutrition going.  Have you had any labs done recently?  What was your albumin or total protein levels? This will tell if you are getting enough protein. 

When I had my G=Tube, I got special high protein tube feedings - 5 cans over a 14 hour period over night that gave me 750 calories and 125 grams of protein on top of any food and protein drinks that I was able to get in.  These feeding had all sorts of nutrients - vitamins and minerals to make up what was missing by not eating enough. Has your doctor considered this?

I also hope you are able to get in as many of your vitamins as possible at this point.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
randi

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 516 views