Food Stuck

mymaluv
on 10/30/11 11:05 am
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! What in the world, it hurt so bad.  I tried to eat a piece fruit but it was to cold for me to bite in pieces by the time I realized it I had swallowed it.   Man that is very very painful. 

Kermit P.
on 10/30/11 11:57 am
Yup, chewing is really important right now.....the stuck feeling will go away.  You may also experience the foamies but they also will eventually stop.  I suggest papaya enzymes and sometimes this can help the food digest and help your tummy feel lots better.  Also, fruit can be kinda dicey so early out.

Hope you are feeling more comfortable fast!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Kiminey65
on 10/30/11 11:57 am
RNY on 10/25/10 with
On October 30, 2011 at 6:05 PM Pacific Time, mymaluv wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! What in the world, it hurt so bad.  I tried to eat a piece fruit but it was to cold for me to bite in pieces by the time I realized it I had swallowed it.   Man that is very very painful. 
Wow. It seems kind of early out to be eating fruit. Be careful. I will say though I ate some fish early out, and was doing fine EXCEPT I chose to steam 3 stalks of asperagus. It was just too Fibrous that early out and boy did I have myself a "moment". It's a good way to learn how to eat correctly I will say!

Good luck on that learning curve!

Monique A.
on 10/30/11 3:01 pm
OMG!  I feel so bad for you. A couple of weeks ago I had some chicken I ate too fast and was in agony for hours, even after throwing up. I totally feel for ya and I hope it passes soon. It's true that the Papaya Enzyme (can get it at Walmart) works nicely. I now carry it in my car and my house so I have access to it everywhere I go just in case.
Hope you are feeling better soon

Price S.
on 10/30/11 9:16 pm - Mills River, NC
Rushing eating and taking too big a bite will get you in the beginning.  Bites the size of a pencil erraser is what is recommended.  At your stage, we were still on soft or pureed so cooked fruit or pureed was all we were having in the way of fruit. 

I've had foamies 2x from eating steak too fast and not chewing well enough.  Wanted to die.  It does get better and unfortunately, gets better to the point I can eat fast again.  I know I shouldn't but catch myself stuffing it in, not chewing well, etc.  Eating slow allows us to know when to stop better.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/11 1:09 am, edited 10/31/11 1:10 am
U have to remember to chew each bite thirty times !!

I had an orange get stuck a few weeks post op ( isnt it WEIRD how we absoluteky CRAVE Greens and fruit at this stage ? maybe because our bodies know that vitaminn C is healing ... )

in my case i had to be rehospitalized fr five days with an IV in my arm and i was EXTREMELY lucky it resolved on its own and i didnt have to get cut back open. PLEASE be careful !!

hope U feel better soon - big hug

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views