Cookie recipies?

Kaysmommy
on 11/3/11 6:27 am - Silver City, NM
Hi ladies, I have a cookie exchange on Saturday with a bunch of Army wives.  I want to try out some new healthier cookies.  Maybe something I can actually eat while making them.  :) Do any of you have any good recipies you would like to share, maybe even with spleanda?   Also I keep hearing about a pumpkin cheesecake, do any of you have a regular cheesecake recipie? 
MajorMom
on 11/3/11 6:57 am - VA
Hey! How are you doing?

You might try Paula Deen's magic peanut butter cookies. I fix them around the holidays.

www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/magical-peanut-butter -cookies-recipe/index.html

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kaysmommy
on 11/3/11 8:49 am - Silver City, NM
Thank you so much Gina. I love that they have no flour and splenda. I bet they will be amazing. There are a lot of women on diets and 1 other WLS gal, so I'm sure they will appreciate yummy cookies like this.

Aimee

PS. I never thought to look for cookies from Paula Dean that had no flour.
KathyA999
on 11/4/11 10:19 am, edited 11/4/11 10:20 am

These are so good, I keep them around all the time, and eat 1-2 a day.  It's my "treat" in the evenings.  I get 20-23 cookies out of a recipe. I used a recipe posted here a few months back, which only called for a cup of Splenda, rather than Paula Deen's 1-1/3 cup.

You can futz around a little with the sweetener.  I changed the recipe a tad after the first batch, because the Splenda taste was a little too much for me.  I found that if I use 1/2 cup of Splenda, and a couple tablespoons (packed) of Brown Sugar Splenda, they taste better.  They should, Brown Sugar Splenda is half brown sugar and half Splenda.  So for a recipe of 20-23 cookies, I'm getting one tablespoon of brown sugar, but the taste is hugely better!

Edited to add: Someone once posted that they add cocoa powder, I haven't tried that yet, but I bet it would be fantastic!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 9:58 pm
 I myself am a little leery of hi fat recipes .

My fatfree  and low sugar alternative is  Dr. Oetkers  chocolate chip cookies  made  with  fat free  promise , butter  buds , brown sugar splenda  added to the mix .. and a bit of real madagascar vanilla. 

Makes em taste  JUST like fresh toll house cookies ... no BETTER 
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views