Hair loss pictures in profile. X-Post

imkristy1
on 8/24/12 7:58 am - WI
VSG on 02/13/12
I just uploaded some pictures of my hair loss. They are in my profile as I have no clue how to post pictures here. I started losing my hair around 2 1/2 months out and it has finally slowed way down at around 6 1/2 months after surgery. I was always greatful to see pictures of hair loss before my surgery as I was terrified of what might happen. I started with VERY thick hair and it got pretty thin. It was quite scary there for a while, but its done now and I look forward to my thick hair coming back.

To all the pre-ops that are terrified like I was, please dont be scared about the hair loss, some can be worse than others, but the surgery is WELL worth any hair loss in my book. I would say that I lost a good amount of my hair, but it really wasnt ALL that bad! I found a product on Ebay called Joan Rivers Great Hair Day and it is AMAZING!! Im not sure what I would have done without it!

Kristy  5'5"  HW-224   SW-207    GW-140   Goal reached in 40 weeks!  PRE-OP - 17    MTH 1 - 15   MTH 2 - 13    MTH 3 - 12   MTH 4 8    MTH 5 -  5    MTH 6 - 4   MTH 7 - MTH 8 -MTH 9 - 0  MTH 10 - 0

Huneypie
on 8/24/12 8:55 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Hey Kristy, I'm glad it's done now now.  BTW congrats on losing more than 70lbs :-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Price S.
on 8/24/12 9:07 am - Mills River, NC
My hair loss started way late, like at 5 months and then kept going.  At 14 months, I had a knee replacement so another major insult to my body.  My hair was very fine and thin to begin with so I was pretty doomed.  the good thing is that for the first time in 63 years, I now have curls.  Really?!?!  Yep, I love it.  What a surprise and benefit I would have never dreamed of. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Koko10
on 8/24/12 10:55 am - NC
Same with me, major hair loss but I had thick hair before the surgery. Only close friends, my beautician, and my family noticed it. It fell out really bad in the front so I had a bang cut. It's starting to grow in but it sticks up! LOL Praying that it comes in as thick as it was before. Smart to take pictures.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views