FRUSTRATED VENT

Koko10
on 10/10/12 10:25 pm - NC

Well, I was diagnosed with SIBO by my primary care Dr. in May. Surgeon wanted to remove my gallbladder but I had a second opinion from my reg Dr. She gave me a prescription for 10 days and I was better. I posted about it & someone said, it would reoccur often and it has. Since then, she is no longer practicing so I saw her partner to get a refill. He wants me to have a ultrasound then a upper GI scope. I reluctantly agreed and scheduled it for today. Last night I received a phone call telling me that I had not met my deductible and it would be $400! I kindly told them "no thank you" and canceled the appointment. Now I am so upset! I didn't want the stupid ultrasound anyway. I'm trying to take deep breaths before I call this Dr and tell him that I canceled. I need another Dr! I'm so sick of this stuff!!! Thank you for allowing me to vent!

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

MajorMom
on 10/11/12 8:29 am - VA
Call him and give it a shot. Let him know you just can't afford to pay right now and please refill your prescription with the promise that as soon as you can afford the upper GI, you'll go.  Let us know what he says.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Koko10
on 10/11/12 8:42 am - NC
Thanks Gina. The voice of reason. I will try tomorrow. Instead of calling me back at work like I asked, they called the home number. I found another Dr. I thought of calling tomorrow as well since my Dr. isn't returning. I appreciate your help.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views