I want to have reconstruc...

Patricia T.
on 7/14/04 12:20 pm - Stamford, CT
I want to have reconstructive surgery. Its been a while 2.5 yrs. Only lost 100 lbs. Looking for info on surgeon for surgery. Got a lot of hanging
Toni M.
on 7/22/04 9:13 pm - Chico, CA
Hi Patricia: I was starting to think I was the only one who had only lost around 100#'s in 2 years. I had surgery Jan. 02 and have only lost 116#'s. I have other medical problems which make it difficult for me to move around, but I really thought I would have lost more than this. I still eat very small amounts at a sitting, but I think I eat too often through-out the day. I "feel" hungry, so I find myself constantly having a couple of crackers, or half a sandwich, etc. I think it is all adding up. I have not gained any weight back, but I have not lost anything in awhile. I have been thinking about a 2nd surgery also, but I don't know if that is possible or not. In the meantime, I have started consuming lots of water (I constantly have a 1 pint bottle with me) and this seems to be helping me to stave off the feelings of hunger. I also invested in a decent protein powder (hoping this will leave me with a feeling of fullness for longer periods of time). Good luck to you and don't give up. Remember, we are both 100+ #'s less than we were before and that's a big step in the right direction. Maybe some of us just take a little bit longer than others!
louise
on 1/21/05 2:02 am - Cameron Park, ca
Yep, I'm glad too. 116# is all that I have lost also (from original 286). I want to get at least another 30 pounds off, but instead gained 10 over the holidays. I too, snack-graze during the work day, but have found that when I go back to good protein in the morning it is less of a problem. This is still a great life and I am enjoying the changes. I would love to consider surgery, but I had severe p-op infections with nearly 3 months in the hospital, so doc wants me to wait. At 57 years old, I would like to get rid of the pan and left the butt. Still look darn awful in a swimsuit and I live in California where we swim, ski, and sail no matter what we look like. I feel that I can do more things at this smaller size and starting to look alot stronger and toned. Good luck Girls! Linda Lou
maxypat2
on 7/27/10 11:59 am
I have just rejoin ObesityHelp but I had to put in a new member name and password.  I really would like to begin where I left off.

On a said note, I have gain a lot of weight back and I would like to have a revision.  Currently I have no insurance that would approve of this surgery.  I did not know that RNY don't last.  I have learn to eat smaller portions, still do.  my things I am picking up old habits of eating bad food.  I need to do this right away.  This time I will have to have my surgery financed.  I don't know where to begin.
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years postoperative
POOBEAR · 0 replies · 335 views
5 yrs out- How r u doing?
Paula Prichard · 1 replies · 548 views
Hi There!
monymony · 1 replies · 539 views