3yrs. and feeling great

ogerskinnyman
on 1/9/05 7:29 am - willow grove, PA
Friday it was 3 yrs for me. Been a great past year. Started bike racing (road and cyclocross); I finished! At first it was embarising to be so far behind and humilating to be pulled in my first race. But I realized how far I've come in 3 yrs; that 3 yrs ago I couldn't even ride a bike, much less hardly walk. I started working harder, realizing that the hard exercise was the only way I was going to keep the weight off also. I practiced cyclocross racing with a great group of people in Philly, then I entered and finished 2 races (thought for sure I was going to die!). My goal for this winter is to get my weight down to @ 160-170; that's is going to be the hardest weight to lose, I feel. The surgery got me 75 % of the way to here, I know this last goal will be me fighting the old eating habits and exercising a hell of alot. Those old carbo-goodie eating demons are still in my brain, but I must not let them rule me again!!!! Oh, and my insision hernia is finally acting up alot, so under the knife I go again! But better to get it done before racing season, I fiqure. My advice to anyone who may be falling back to old habits or gaining is heavy exercise, anytime you can spare. Walk, run, swim, lift, cycle; but above all, don't sit, eat, and let the food demons take over again!!! God gave us all a second chance, and we owe Him and our loved ones the best we can be. Peace and love, and continued success! See you at 4 yrs!!!
monymony
on 11/15/05 2:24 am
Hi Albert. WooHoo! Congratulations on your weight loss. I will be looking at 4 years also. Have you made your goal yet? I have been able to maintain my weightloss for almost 2 years. I love my band. Mona
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years postoperative
POOBEAR · 0 replies · 336 views
5 yrs out- How r u doing?
Paula Prichard · 1 replies · 548 views
Hi There!
monymony · 1 replies · 539 views