What is everyone eating now days?

eaamc
on 5/28/03 5:42 am - Minneapolis, MN
Just thought is would be interesting/fun to see what everyone is eating...amount, variety, etc. I still struggle with food. Nothing ever sounds good, or tastes good for that matter. Although, I think my hunger is starting to come back. It's hard to tell, because pre-op I used to get so hungry I thought my stomach was going to eat me from the inside out! Now, it's just this faint, strange, reoccuring, 'twinge'. When I do eat, I mainly stick to protein - about 90% of the time. I also drink 1-2 protein drinks a day. I, unfortunately...or should I say fortunately, dump on just about anything (or so it seems), so I tend to play it pretty safe and don't 'experiment' too much.
june22
on 5/29/03 3:48 pm - concord, NC
I am 5 month post op. My day usually starts with a protein shake. For lunch I have a salad with Chicken. My favorite are the ones at Wendy's. Or I go with a girlfriend to a chinese resturant. There I usually have chicken and rice soup. When I get home from work I have to snack. Either peanut butter on graham crackers (2 crackers) or frozen banana. Dinner is what ever the family is having modified for me. Example homemade soup that I remove all the fat from or spaghetti made with whole wheat noodles and sauce. I really don't count calories. I do try to stick to low calorie low fat whenever possible. At 5 months I still can't tolerate anything fried or sweet. I now live each day as a way of life, not as a diet. If I get hungry I eat. Always making sure to get protein in first. If I do eat extra, I exercise a little more. Lost 100 lbs so far. I can live this way. junebug
Kristen S.
on 6/1/03 2:05 pm - Colchester, VT
I, too, drink at least one protein drink a day, plus my vitamins and my calcium citrate. For food, I have found that everything I make tastes like crap. So, I eat a lot of finger/cold food. Lots of cheese and lunchmeat, cottage cheese, nuts, beef jerky, pork rinds for crunch. Recently I have started eating more fruits and veggies (try to have a green salad everyday). I try to avoid carbs. I do indulge in sugar free chocolate every once in a while. I have been really lucky in that the little sugar I have tried has not made me dump. I have also only vomitted 4 times and not at all in the last 2 months. I make myself try a new food once a week. My weakness is nachos from mexican restaurants!
valleri M.
on 6/7/03 12:32 pm - kingston, nh
lobster and lots of it ... i eat a tail , of course it takes me all day but i like to snack on and it has lots of good protein and hey what could be better. i still have a protein shake or bar once a day usually and i find that really nothing bothers me except fried food i dont even attempt it . i learned after the first couple of times .. i eat lots of shrimp too the ****tail kind no butter just cold
F C.
on 6/12/03 4:39 pm - ALTA LOMA, CA
My surg date was Jan 20,2003 and I am down 85 lbs. I have slowed down a bit and I have started having a protein shake in the morning. I eat yogurt and lots o fruit. I have some dificulty with pasta but other than that I can have anything. My dinner is usually yogurt and cut up apple mixed together-yummy. I have not tried anything sweet really but I do love sugar free popsicle.
Paul A.
on 6/14/03 6:30 pm - Towaco, NJ
After reading what everyone is eating, I am feeling somewhat ashamed to write this. I am basically able to eat what I want. Although my desire for carbs: bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. is pretty much gone. I guess that it is true that carbs are an addiction; and if you can break the habit, you don't want them. When I was first post-op, I did have chicken broth, and after about 2 weeks I would put in a wonton or two. Now I rarely, if ever have any pasta of any kind (although I did have a small amount of vegetable lasagna the other night at a party). I have even switched from su****o sashimi to avoid the rice. Breakfast is usualy one of these: protein bar with a cup of yogurt; or protein shake with fruit; or cheese and fruit; or a chicken breast and some fruit; or 3 small pork cutlets with cheese melted on them; or 2 eggs and some cottage cheese and fruit; or today I tried 4 Healthy choice breakfast sausage patties with cheese melted on top and some fruit. I snack on beef jerky, or fruit, or sugar free Popsicle or Fudgsicle bars. I travel for business a lot so Lunch can be the same as the choices for breakfast; or maybe an order of Chinese chicken with eggplant ( that usually lasts for about 3 meals); or anything at a restaurant: steak, chicken, or seafood, usually starting with a salad. No bread, no alcohol (thanks to the Rizulin I was taking for my diabetes, my liver is screwed and I can no longer drink any alcohol at all - ever); and maybe some fruit for desert, if I still want something. Dinner is the same as choices for lunch. At night I snack on WATERMELON (lots of it, as it runs through your system - and keeps your system running right along with it- if you get my point), and Popsicle bars. As you can imagine, I have slowed down my weight loss to about 10 lbs a month. I have lost 93 lbs, thusfar; but I am happy to see that I can continue to live my life very happily losing at this rate. Every once in a while I will dump if I have overeaten and feel pain, but that is not often at all (as long as I keep away from very spicy Indian food; as that is an instant dump) Fat is not a problem at all, and I don't really eat any sugar to speak of, so I couldn't tell you about that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views