To exercise or not to exercise...

eaamc
on 5/28/03 5:48 am - Minneapolis, MN
Me again! Okay, curiosity has got me here...I know we all lose at different rates, but do any of you work your butt off and still lose slowly...or sit at a desk all day, and the couch all night, and are seeing great results? I do exercise, and usually see good results....however, I have noticed that if I don't exercise for a week that I lose just as much...or even more! I know that exercise has other benefits...no lectures please....but it's hard not to think that I am working my butt off for nothing. Would like to hear others experiences/input.
june22
on 5/29/03 3:54 pm - concord, NC
I know exactly what you mean. I think the purpose of exercise is to get you into the habit for after the "honeymoon" period of 6 months. I was recently told that cardovascular (not sure about the spelling) exercise helps you lose fat faster. I am going to give it a try this week. Will let you know. I do have weeks that I exercise like crazy and lose my usual 2 lbs. Then weeks I don't have that much time and still lose 2 lbs. I will keep up the exercise just in case. When I do exercise I feel better. That is good enough reason to continue. junebug
Kristen S.
on 6/1/03 1:58 pm - Colchester, VT
I exercise at Curves 3 days a week and walk an hour a day on the other days. I have found that I do lose as much weight when I exercise as when I do not exercise, BUT I have also noticed that I lose more inches when I am exerising. My hope is this exercising will help firm me up. Of course, like you I am 4 months post-op and do not expect to lose weight without exercising for much longer. Something else to think about, exercising now will strengthen and tone the muscles under all that fat turned flab. If/when you get a tummy tuck or any other type of plastic surgery your results will look that much better if you had exercised.
F C.
on 6/12/03 4:41 pm - ALTA LOMA, CA
I also go to Curves three to four times a week and walk on the days that I do not go to Curves. I look forward to the exercise as I can do it without huffing and puffing!!!
Barbara V.
on 7/3/03 7:33 am - Hammond, IN
I agree with Kristen....I might lose weight as fast without exercise, but I lose inches a LOT faster with it. My aunt, who had the surgery a year ago, didn't look as healthy at the same stage I'm at, partly because she didn't exercise. The skin sort hangs on her now, and she's kind of weak. The weirdest thing is, on a business trip last week, I actually chose to exercise instead of socialize. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that!!!! I was feeling kind of sluggish, and felt much better after I exercised. Endorphins are so cool!!
Sonia W.
on 8/1/03 9:10 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hello Andrea, I to exercise everyday. I use the "Walk Away The Pounds" tape and it usually does the trick, however I lose about 2-3 pounds a month, talk about slow weight loss. I'm not complaining, I'm glad to lose what I have. I'm 7 1/2 months post op and I feel great. I have lost 80lbs since my surgery date 1/10/03. I find my self feeling hungry at night before bed, but I try to watch what I eat. I notice when I don't exercise, I lost more weight in a months time, but I'm scared that if I don't exercise I will get flabby. Good luck and congradulations. Sonia Waite
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views