What are the most dramatic differences in your life since the surgery?

Paul A.
on 6/14/03 6:58 pm - Towaco, NJ
I know that for myself, quite a bit has changed in my life since I have had the surgery. Perhaps, for me, it is a combination of a few things and not just the result of the operation; but I have a feeling that the psychological effects of this operation are much more dramatic than people have anticipated, and that I am not alone in this. I am 48 years old, and I travel globally about 75% of the time as part of my job. Walking through airports was a virtual hell for me. Half the time I would get a handicap cart to drive me. Since the operation I walk everywhere and feel great. I think this was the beginning of the change. I started feeling really good about myself. I dyed my hair and grew it into a ponytail. I got an earring. I learned to ride and went out and bought a motorcycle. And this is just the beginning, there is quite a bit more. I don't think that this can all be attributed to a midlife crisis. I believe that it may be a NEW LIFE adjustment. I would love to know if others have experienced similar changes since their op. Your thoughts???
Cori W.
on 6/19/03 12:50 am - Fulton, Ny
Hi Paul. I agree with you about changes. I too am changing., and because I am only 33 I am sure it is not a midlife crisis, but this wonderful gift we have been given by our surgeons.The changes are not drastic, but I am gradually changing the way I dress and how my hair is cut. I also now wear arcrylic fingernails, and just feel that it is Ok for me to now pay more attention to how I look. I feel better about myself, both physically and mentally, so why not go for some change. Our bodies are changing so I think it is just natural for us to want to change our whole appearence. We have been given this chance to be the person we knew we really were all along. For some reason I now feel I have the Right to dress in such a way as I never would have before, and people are OK with it. My personality is still the same, except for increased confidence and self esteem, but I am definetly noticing change through my activity level and looks. I say we should welcome this new life with open arms and enjoy the ride..it is only going to get better. Have a great day!!
Donna T.
on 6/26/03 4:06 am - Joliet, IL
Paul, My life has turned completely upside down since my surgery on January 23rd. I am down 113 lbs and I now go out and have fun. I am divorcing and I know part of the divorce is because he feels threatened by the "new me" and I don't want to sit around anymore and watch tv. I am growing my hair now, since I don't sweat so much I can wear it on my neck and I have found a huge interest in many hobbies I never before had, including exersize! I wear makeup and dress nicely for work and maybe a bit provocatively for fun! My attitude has changed so much and I love life now. Nothing gets me down!!
june22
on 6/26/03 9:06 am - concord, NC
I guess the most change in myself is my self esteem. I always had low self esteem. If I couldn't control something as simple as what I put in my mouth, how could I do anything. Now I get a little to hyped up. I actually speak to people first, even ones I don't know. I dress to the T everyday. I tan, wear jewerly and even iron my work clothes. I like to wear nice clothes. People who know me say I really have changed. If they only knew how much I keep my "new" attitude under control. If I didn't--I would do cart wheels in the grocery store asiles. I have changed jobs, and even going on an interview tomorrow for an even more responsible challenge job. Only difference, if I don't get it--so what I have plan b. One of the biggest changes in my attitude is I like to be noticed. Before I did anything to keep from being noticed. Now it's WATCH OUT WORLD I am making up for lost time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views