I can't believe its me!

Michele W.
on 6/16/03 7:09 pm - PA
I can't believe its me looking at myself in the mirror. I had RNY lap on January 2. 2003 and I feel great. I think this was the best decision I could've made. I am now 5 months (going on 6) post op and I feel incredible. I have not experienced dumping yet (knock on wood), I can eat just about anything I want. So far I have tried everything from pasta (carbs galore) to candy (sugar galore) and have had no reaction. I only tried the candy to see if I would get sick and thank goodness I didn't. But I will never eat it again. I have eaten pizza on a rare occasion with no ill feelings. But one thing I am so scared to try is soda. I want to so bad but scared I might blow up my stomach or something. Since the surgery I am down 95 lbs and counting. I am starting to slow up a little which is a little discouraging but I look at where I started and where I am and get all bubbly and happy inside. I just can't believe it me!! I exercise at least 6 times a week, taking Sunday off to rest, and have seen dramatic inches lost results. So I guess the exercise is working. There are some days when I don't feel like excersing but I notice if I don't do it my loss isn't as high as it is if I would've exercised. But congrats to all who have loss and found a new person within themselves. I say we keep up the good work and good things will come our way. Its also encouraging to read this message board and see what everyone else is doing to stay on the losing side. I think maybe I might look into some protein bars or shakes and see if that makes a difference in my losing pace. Once again Keep up the good work!! I am truly so happy that I did this. Now my husband can't keep up with me. I never thought that day would ever come. LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views