Average weekly weight loss

june22
on 6/26/03 9:16 am - concord, NC
I was wondering what other people who had surgery when I did (1-3-03) are losing on an weekly average. I am only losing about 2 lbs per week now. Have been losing 2 lbs a week for about 6 weeks now. I do exercise regularly (5 times a week--3 days cardiovasular and 4 days with weights). I have been eating only 3 times a day. I felt I lost control eating more often. I have increased my meals to 5 a day hoping this will help. I am not happy eating all the time, but my nutritionist said it would help. I do fairly well with water. I get in on the average 64 ozs a day. I don't eat sweets or any fried foods. I have started a food diary to see how many calories I take in. What is your average weekly weight loss? What are your eating habits? How many meals? How much water? How much exercise? I would appreciate any answers. I really want to make the most of "tool". If you don't want to post your response you may email me at [email protected] Thank you
Kelly V.
on 6/26/03 2:02 pm - Carpentersville, IL
Had my RNY on 1/13/03 and am averaging about 1.5 lbs per week. I have been at this pace for about 6 weeks now as well. Occasionally I will have a bigger drop but then the next week is next to nothing - so it all averages out. I don't count calories or carbs or anything like that. I drink at least 75oz - usually 100 oz of water, eat 3 meals with a snack if I need it. And am happy with how my loss is going. One of my goals of this surgery was to stop being a food "freak". Always worried about the next meal or if people thought I was eating too much. I am happy that I can go to a greasy spoon diner with my friends and have lunch without anyone thinking twice about what I eat or don't eat. I try to exercise at least 3 times per week - but I travel for work and exercise seems the first thing that gets tossed to the wayside when I am tired! Keep up the good work! 1/13/03 - 277/205.5/145
Barbara V.
on 7/3/03 7:28 am - Hammond, IN
It's kind of hard to calculate an average...some weeks, it may be nothing. For three weeks, the scale didn't budge. I was doing cardio several hours a week and weight training (2-3x/week), though, so in that time I lost 1 1/2 sizes. Eating more frequently does get to be a drag sometimes, but my nutritionist swears by it...especially since I started exercising. I eat 5 times a day, on average, and try to remember to use my food diary to make sure I'm getting enough protein, etc. Sometimes when I'm working, I'll go to a salad bar and get some good veggies, fruit, cheese and stuff. Then, I'll have some at lunchtime, eat some more in mid-afternoon, and if I still have more left and I'm going to the gym, I'll fini**** off on the train. (I also take my own salad dressing to work, since it's really hard to find good fat-free dressings on salad bars.) I do the same with other foods...I do think it helps keep my energy up, and with the diary I can make sure I get some variety. (I do have chocolate once in awhile...but I can actually stop after a few bites & am satisfied!) Size-wise, I seem to be dropping about 1 size a month... Barbara
Allison B.
on 7/9/03 2:12 am - OH
Hi Brenda! I had my surgery the day before you, on 1/2/03. I have found that I am losing mainly in "chunks" now. I won't lose anything for 2 weeks, then 5 or 6 pounds will come off at once. So it averages out to about 2 pounds per week. Keep up the good work and congrats! Alli RNY 1/2/03 -110lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views