Has anyone's weight loss maintained itself over 1 month?

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/03 5:02 pm - San Jose, CA
I was going through a maintaining weight of 245 for the longest time (1 month). I could not change it. I was walking almost 3 miles 3-5 times a week. Nothing i did helped.... Is anyone experiencing this same problem?
Cori W.
on 6/27/03 8:20 am - Fulton, Ny
Hi Jamie. I too had a period of one month that the cale did not move, but I was losing inches. On My 5th week the scale finally moved again. I know it is hard to not see the scale move, but be patient it will move again. Good luck and keep doing what you are doing.
june22
on 6/27/03 10:51 am - concord, NC
I went thru a month long plateau a few months back. I was walking 2 miles a day. I stopped walking and starting working out with exercise tapes. This increased my cardiovascular and helped me increase the weight loss. I know it sounds funny that 3 miles aren't enough to really get your heart beating, but after awhile your body adjust to it and needs an extra boost. Do you still get that feeling after a walk like you did in the begining? Hope it helps.
Barbara V.
on 7/3/03 7:16 am - Hammond, IN
I had about a three week period where I didn't lose any weight either. Like a couple of other people, I was losing inches, though. A dress size and a half! Exercise was what seemed to pull me out of it....in addition to aerobic activity, I started weight training....it really seemed to help. I've been traveling for work the past few weeks-it was nice to have a reprieve from the scale. It's hard sometimes not to get hung up on the number the scale is telling you! As long as you are feeling good...hang in there and it'll start to drop soon! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views