8 months post-op and having firtst complications

Ralph P.
on 9/4/03 1:06 am - Grabill, IN
Hello to everyone, I just wanted to check in with those that have Jan 03' surgery dates. Everything weight loss-wise is fine. I've lost 160 lbs. and 18 inches around the waist. I lost weight very fast in the begining and it has slowed down since. I lost 100 in the first 3 months and 50 in the next 3 months, then only 10 in 2 months since then. My only complications so far has been I got backed up, if you know what I mean, and pushed too hard, then did some damage back there. I ripped the inner part of my rectum and they had to do surgery to fix it. It didn't go well and I had futher complications after that, my bowels locked up and I got really backed up to the point that nothing would move at all. After they got that cleared out, they put me back on a liqiud diet for 3 days. You don't realize how much you miss food. after getting back to eatting a somewhat normal meal plan from what we started out with in January. I go to the doctor today, hopefully he will put me back on soft foods. We will have to see. Sorry about talking about a odd subject, but I just wanted you know so that you could be advised to watch out for any complications that can come up this late in our trip to great weight loss success. I hope to hear from some other Jan 03' AMOS Family members to let me know how they are doing as well. Thank you for your time. Ralph
sissi818
on 9/25/03 7:10 am - Orange Park, Fl
RNY on 01/31/03 with
Hi Ralph, I too have some problems with constipation. I have never had problems but with the protein that I am drinking it happens a good bit if I don't do the Citracel. I do one tsp morning and night. It keeps me regular. Plus I eat a banana a day and it helps too. I stay away from breads and crackers and drink huge amounts of water. I have been very lucky not to have any complications! I have lost 85!!! My starting weight was 296. I have some pics posted! Talk soon, Susan
chelle3081
on 9/29/03 10:01 am - Atascosa, TX
Hi Ralph! What an amazing weight loss! Congratulations! You and I share a surgical date. I'm down 130 lbs, 5 clothing sizes and am SO grateful for this surgery. I have the same problem as you from time to time and it's miserable. I've started using Benefiber at least 2-3 times a week. It has no flavor or texture and easily mixes in a cup of hot tea. I can completely relate to what you're going thru and the horrible complication that resulted in surgery for you. I've not had anything that serious ~ but could have sworn I was real close one day!! I'll do everything I can to prevent that from happening again. Again, congrats on your terrific success!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views