Streching Pouch??!!!

cortkneed
on 10/1/03 11:04 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Does anyone else feel like their pouch is streching already. It seems like I can eat a whole lot more than I used to be able to. Yesterday I had 1/2 a wrap sandwich for lunch. Before I could never eat even 1/2 of a 1/2 of one. I don't drink sodas and I obey the rules so I don't know why it would be streching. Has anyone else experinced this?
eaamc
on 10/1/03 11:56 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Courtney, I know that there is a certain amount of 'stretch' that is supposed to occur. When I went in at six months, my surgeon's nurse said that by 1 year that they like to see their patients eating 1 to 11/2 cups of food! Just the thought of that scares me. I know I tend to see increases from time to time and I just try to remember that this is a nomal part of the process. According to the pouch rules for dummies guide lines, I think they say that the desired 'mature' pouch size is 6-10 ounces so, I figure that until I get beyond that, I won't worry too much. Another thing to think about is that there are some things that go down easier then others. Like you said that you ate 1/2 of a wrap...how much lettuce was in it? That right there could add a lot of volume that just mushes down to nothing. I've heard many people say that the volume they can eat can vary a LOT depending on what they are eating. I also try to remind myself that my goal in eating is satisfaction....not full....which is really hard sometimes. Well, I hope that helps some....or any. Hang in there!
Ann B.
on 10/2/03 3:18 am - Wolcott, CT
I had my surgery 9 months ago and have not had that happen I am lucky if I eat 3oz at a meal. When did you have your surgery? But just think before you would have eaten a whole one with chips and a soda. I do not think its how much your eating as much as it is what your eating. Take care
Melodee S.
on 10/12/03 6:58 am - Blue Springs, MO
Hi Courtney, I am now 8 mths post op from lap rny and I thought the same thing you did at first but now I realize that my doctor told me that our poich is going to stretch out alittle bit to where we are able to eat more as we get further along so it is very normal. Some days I am able to eat alot more but alittle at a time fo course and somke days I can't eat alot at all. and, yes some days I can eat a half of a sandwich, like subway I got one of those 6 inch clubs and ate half of that, it surprised me too but I did! Then on some days I can't tolerate bread at all! So it is weird but, I believe very normal cuz after 6 mths we are suppose to eat alittle more so don't worry you'll be fine and good luck to you!
vmullins
on 10/20/03 1:16 am - Orlando, FL
Courtney, Don't worry yourself about it. If you're still losing, exercising, and making healthy food choices, just listen to your body. I find that if I set my daily meal plan, calorie limit, and protien goal, quanitity isn't an issue because I eat what I need to meet my goals. I never sit down with a large portion in front of me and see how much I can hold. That is what we USED to do, even if we didn't realize we were doing it. I'm 9 months out tomorrow and I've lost 178 pounds. My eating is regimented almost every day. That doesn't mean that sometimes I don't try something I'm craving or indulge in a bite or 3 of something not-so-healthy. What is does mean is that if I PLAN my food and try to stick to that, I have room for a little bite of a goodie here and there. I only eat between 600 and 800 calories a day and I try to get a minimum of 60 grams of protien and as little fat as possible. That doesn't leave much room for quantity or junk. So, have no fears, just eat well and think of your meals as fuel for your body instead of just food. God bless you, keep up the good work. Vickie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views