1 yr post, post TT, below goal and missing 100% of me!

Laura S.
on 1/13/04 11:07 am - Bothell, WA
And Life is GOOD! Healing well tho the drains really suck. Thank God and my Dr for painkillers. And when I stepped on the scale w/ girdle and drains this AM, it read 149!!! -151 from 300! My BMI is 24.0, I'm 'ideal'. How cool is all that? Oh, and I got my first shower since last Thurs. I'd also like to take a moment to thank God for wipes. A MUST-HAVE FOR ALL POST-OPS! The most exciting part of my day? Looking at my flat tummy. I've NEVER had a flat tummy. I was about 9 when my old one 'fell'. Been looking at rolls ever since. It's a miracle. Wishing everyone here the best. OH has been the biggest help to me. Thanks to all of you who keep it going. What you do here is priceless for so many.
Patricia D.
on 1/13/04 12:41 pm - Fresno, CA
I have never heard of drains, can you tell me what that means?
Laura S.
on 1/14/04 3:08 am - Bothell, WA
This is my first experience with them. A lot of patients need them for their WLS, I did not. The drains are put in place to help remove excess blood and fluid that may build up under your skin in your abdominal cavity post-op. I have 2 that come out from my pubic area. There are 2 tubes that go to 2 bulbs that hang around my neck. The air is squeezed out of the bulbs when you empty them, this creates a mild suction that pulls the excess fluid from your body through the tubes. No, it is not pleasant, but if they weren't there, the fluid could cause an infection, not to mention the extra pressure it would put on my insides as I am wrapped tighter than a sausage in this girdle and binder! They will be removed this coming Mon, after the fluid output reaches below 50 cc's for 3 days in a row. That varies from Dr to Dr. Some will remove them earlier. Many people have no problems with them. Mine have been pretty uncomfortable. Drugs have helped a LOT.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views