Recent Posts

AngelicMythology
on 1/9/15 1:13 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13
Topic: RE: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 8 YEARS AND COUNTING!!!

Hello!  Happy early birthday!  Life is doing good overall.  I had my original surgery on Januar y 8, 2007.  I started at 285 and got all the way down to 135. I maintained there for about 3 years and started gaining back quite a bit of weight.  I had a revision on January 21, 2013 to distal to bypass more intestines to increase the malabsportion.  I had found out I had abnormally long intestines.  I lost the 100 pound regain that I had and am currently back down to 135 lbs.  I've had my ups and downs. Even with the hard times, I'd still repeat this entire journey over again. 

I did the Corporate Challenge this past June with my employer.  That's the first run I've ever done and I had a blast.  I think I'm going to try more this spring and summer. 

Good luck on your marathon and i'm glad you're doing well. :)

Pam

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

dreamgirl119
on 1/7/15 8:34 am, edited 1/7/15 8:36 am - Lansdowne, PA
Topic: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 8 YEARS AND COUNTING!!!

Haven't been here in awhile. I've had my ups and I've been down, but I'm still moving forward. It's been 8 years since my surgery. I'll be 66 years young in March and will be running my 1st half marathon in June 2015. Living and enjoying my life!!!

Alice Urrutia
on 1/3/15 4:54 pm - Fresno, CA
Topic: RE: Year 7!!!

Wow January 16. 2015 will mark my 8 year anniversary since my surgery pre surgery weight 264lbs. Current weight 148lbs overall doing well still having issues with my digestive tract I've been diagnosed with IB and I have not been able to afford a tummy tuck so I've been dealing with tearing of my skin under my flap although I don't get infections because I keep it very clean it seems that when one side heals the other side tears oh well the story of my life. My pouch has not stretched to much I still eat child portions but I am able to eat often. I am able to tolerate sugar in moderation milk is my enemy. And no mashed potatoes for me although fried potatos are just fine. In conclusion considering I was given 3 to 6 months to live and it's been 8 years I guess I'm doing something right.

marlylovelylaady
on 8/12/14 8:46 pm

Year 7 for me! Regaining and need help Off rack and don't know where to begin!, Help!

Marly

Stephanie B.
on 8/1/14 12:29 am - Chattanooga, TN
Stephanie B.
on 8/1/14 12:29 am - Chattanooga, TN

That is amazing!! Good to hear things are going so well for you!! It not an easy ride but it is worth every bump in the rode! :-)

Stephanie B.
on 8/1/14 12:26 am - Chattanooga, TN

Glad you commented!! It is so easy to slip back into our old habits!! I am guilty of that too!  I have not been working out at all..and I use my degenerative disc as an excuse..but I could find things to do that will not aggravate my back if I tried hard enough...and I could also make better food choices instead of being down because I can't work out like I used to....we didn't start this journey to give it. And we have to remember that it is not a fix..but it is a journey and looking forward to see you and me both back with great reports in January!! :-)  It is wonderful to "see" you!!

Stephanie

dreamgirl119
on 7/8/14 5:01 pm - Lansdowne, PA

Hello All, and I know it's July...I am fashionabley late. I have let old habits creep back into my life, but I steadily trying to get my act and life back together. I refuse to revisit the 265lbs. starting gate.  See you in January with a better report.

Genie

AngelicMythology
on 3/1/14 1:28 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

Hello. Hard to believe it has been 7 years. I had a revision to my rny in January 2013. I was 285 back in 2007. At the moment I'm 150 and hoping to lose another 10 pounds. 

I also feel blessed. Even though I had a revision to increase the malabsorption last year, I would redo it all over again. 

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Bamalady
on 2/18/14 10:19 pm

Hey Guys!!! Long time, no see!!  I'm down to 134.6 as of this morning.  That's a 232 lb loss!!  It's hasn't always been a smooth ride but I've enjoyed the journey.  l've learned to never buy a new article of clothing...always shop at the thrift store.  I'm still losing weight although I don't want to anymore.  I've gone from a size 32 to a 2.  I never would have thought to see a size 2 in my closet!!  It still seems so unreal to me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1388 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1069 views