Recent Posts

dreamgirl119
on 1/24/08 3:12 pm - Lansdowne, PA
Topic: RE: Stool Softners????
Now if I mix Myralax with mix I will definitely go. Mix makes me dump: barf
lindy7767
on 1/24/08 2:13 pm - Forney, Texas, TX
Topic: 1 Year Today!!! **MORE TO COME***
Hi Everyone, I have been so busy this week, I haven't even had a chance to put together my one year reflections like so many of you have.. I have been struggling to even have time to get to the boards. I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all of your support this past year. I will work on my one year reflection and post what has been going on that is exciting in my life right now...there is tons to be thankful for that is for sure. As of this past Tuesday, the scales have hit 118.2...I am starting to be concerned. I go in next Thursday for my 1 year follow up. So we will see what the doctor says. I was very happy bouncing between 120 and 122, now I am worried. BTW, I had a huge job interview today and I am going through a mock IVF cycle..so like I said, busy month / week and start for 2008. Plus I have had major Drama with an ex male member of the support group I lead here in Dallas area...about him posting about me on the Men's board as well as on the Texas Message board...UGH! (He is upset that all of the women in our group are happily married and that some of us look like we never should have had surgery, yadda yadda yadda, a real pshyco...Lots of people are standing up for me though on both forums..I just happen to be the target because I called him out on his posts and deleted his access to our group) Thanks for listening, not wanting to bring the drama up here, but thought I would share. I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Hugs, Lindy
lindy7767
on 1/24/08 2:05 pm - Forney, Texas, TX
Topic: RE: My surgeversary!!
Anna, Congrats lady!!! We are surgery anniversary buds....I have been so busy this week, I haven't even had a chance to put together my one year reflections like so many of you have.. I have been struggling to even have time to get to the boards. I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all of your support this past year. I am so proud of you for making it to your doctor's goal today...I know that has to be awesome. Good luck on meeting your next goal. Hugs, Lindy
comom2trips
on 1/24/08 12:16 pm
Topic: RE: Stool Softners????
Hey- I'm sure you've already checked this out- but i was told NOT to take the anti-inflammatories for my back-( ruptured disk) without taking another RX that would coat my pouch. FYI... Holly
comom2trips
on 1/24/08 12:13 pm
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary and meeting your Dr's goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahooo!!!! My 4 1/2 year old triplets ask- "why is your tummy so big" all the time. I finally told them- it's not. It seems to have died a bit for now- but I can't let them know it bothers me or I'll never hear the end of it!!! Asking you to be on a panel is a huge compliment and it must feel good to have them recognize your hard work!!! Great job- Holly
comom2trips
on 1/24/08 12:07 pm
Topic: RE: So maybe I don't look as good as I think!
At one of my mom's meetings I left my chair and came back and there was a note on it telling me to watch 20/20- this was last friday. The note was anonymous. So my husband and i watched it- I never watch TV. The first section was on Tom Cruise and I figured that was why I was supposed to watch it cuz I don't like him- Brooke Shields and i had post-partum at about the same time... but the last section was on older women getting anorexia. My husband said- that was why I was told to watch it and I disagreed... anyways... my point is- I'm getting those comments too- so I point blank asked my therapist and he LAUGHED!!!! He has some anorexics and he said when I was 100 pounds then he'd worry. Seriously we discussed how I am WELL within a normal BMI range and that some of these people that make these comments either never knew me before i was fat or have some jealousy-type issues of their own. We discussed my previous role in the family- jolly, fat and laid-back, easy to laugh... well- people get wierd when you start changing any family dynamics and they don't like it cuz it's change and that can be scary... so ignore her!!! You look great and you deserve to feel proud for all of your hard work!!! Just my 2 cents... Holly
oneplustwo
on 1/24/08 11:21 am - Zeeland, MI
Yup - I've been told that and it does bother me. I honestly think people are so used to us being heavy, when we get to goal weight, well they don't recognize us and aren't used to us this way, so then we become anorexic to them! But seriously, I look in the mirror and don't see anorexic. I have some meat to me. You are sexy and don't let one person get you down. Keep doing your thing!! Is it possible that she's jelous?
Duece1966
on 1/24/08 11:06 am - IA
Hey! I hate dealing with people like this. You've already put to much into it by venting... She should be laughed at instead. She sounds petty and unhappy. Don't let her take it away from you... You do look awesome! I just have NO time for people like her... sorry family or not! I'm sure everyone on here has or will deal with someone like her someday! I've just told myself there is NO ONE out there that is going to burst my bubble!!! Hope you have a better day tommorow! Stace
jtrudolph
on 1/24/08 9:59 am
Happy surgiversary Anna! You've had an amazing year and look fantastic! WTG on making your drs goal Woooohoooo!
Belle_G
on 1/24/08 8:44 am - IN
Topic: So maybe I don't look as good as I think!
I saw family this last weekend that I hadn't seen in a long time and got tons of compliments from everyone except an aunt, who never compliments anyone (seriously... it is kind of a running joke between my mother and I about how unkind she is to everyone.) I did not worry about it at all, though, and my mom and I laughed about it afterward that my aunt had behaved exactly how we expected. BUT THEN she calls my mom tonight and wants to know if I am anorexic and what is wrong with me and what is wrong with my hair!!! UHG! I am so annoyed. I finally am feeling good about myself, and even sexy again occasionally, and now I am wondering if I am deluded, and in fact look horrible but just don't realize it?! Double UGH! Oh, and I am mad that I am letting this negative person have control over the way I feel about myself. And then of course I feel helpless that I could not even respond to her ignorant remarks because they weren't made to me. TRIPLE UGH! Just had to vent... Thanks for listing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1389 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1069 views