Recent Posts

Stephanie B.
on 1/31/12 9:57 am - Chattanooga, TN
Topic: 5 Year Anniversary
 Boy...these five years have flown by!  I miss you guys and hope all is well with each of you. I weighed in this morning at 158.8 so that down 168.2 pounds from my highest weight of 327 in Dec 2006.  My 5 year check up is Thursday 2-2-12 so i will know whatmy labs are looking like......been feeling a bit tired but nothing major.....vitamin d and iron levels have been  low and hopefully they r up..  Well...ttyl 
Stephanie
swanie76
on 1/25/12 12:05 am
Topic: RE: Come out Come out whereever YouAre
oh my oh my this is a much needed post my anniversary was the 17th i too have no good report. I never met my personal goal got pass the drs goal and now i am up 35 pounds from that. I agree with moving forward cnt complain have to work. but i must admit its not that east for me. i know what i want i even get disappointed in myself very often. i know what is needed but find it difficult to do. I am right now sitting at my desk working and forcing water down. water was a big problem beofre surgery so this has always been a struggle. i even got tired of the flavor packets. i am getting back on track with my vitamins and protein as well. I have no one close to me that understands. i have many trying to loose wait and have lost some but no one seems to understand my struggles. i can at this point write a book on weight lost but still struggle with it myself SMH. i want a smaller healthier me i crave for that more than chips but the chips are easier to get an hold off.

WLS 1/19/07
preop/current/drgoal/mygoal/ideal wt 
320/240/220/180/155 

Ticker 88396

Roxanne2007
on 1/15/12 3:09 am, edited 1/15/12 3:10 am - Rochester, NH

Hi Stephanie.. I just had my 5 year surgerversary on the 12th. I have been soo bad. I try each day to stay away from carbs and junk. Then I eat them I have gained 33 pounds from my lowest . I keep buying the next size up. I was a 4 but now a 10 and Lge or x lge tops. I know what I need to do but just can't seem to get started. I want to get back to my smaller clothes. I am so embarrassed that I even cancelled my surgeon visit for fear he would yell at me.  I have copied and pasted you post to my email and am printing as I send this. So I will have some motivation..
Thanks....
Hugs, Roxanne

PreOp-232/Day of-211/Current-127

Stephanie B.
on 12/30/11 9:10 pm - Chattanooga, TN
Topic: RE: Gaining Weight!
 hi not sure if u are still around to ger this response but.......I honestly never felt satisfied or full...BUTduring the honey moon period the 9-18 months.....i had so much focus and and didnt have a desire to over eat or eat the things i used to eat...it was super easy for me to eat my 3 meals a day with no snacking in between and to get my water in and exercise and I lost 100#s in 6months.....then the honey moon ended......and five yars later I am pretty much the same as I was before surgery.....in my mind I feel that I am.......I havent regained the weight but I do know that I can eat way more than I should be able to and that scares me
dreamgirl119
on 12/30/11 8:26 pm - Lansdowne, PA
Thanks Stephanie...I will keep it touch.

Genie

Stephanie B.
on 12/30/11 8:19 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 Hey Genie:

I know all to well how easy it is to struggle with regain..... i dont know if you remember but around te 18 month to 24 month i started picking up weight and I let it get back up to 190 pds!!!! And my lowest had been 149. Boy was I in a slump....and the sad thing was I was still working out everyday like crazy....but eating  too little and the wrong things....i didnt and fell head first int the sugerville....and thats pretty much where i lived....eating sweets.....and it showed....so i had t have a reality check......and I am still shaking those pounds of but I am no longer near 190 lbs....hovering around 158 days....

I think pulling your journal out is a great first step and keeping up with how you r feeling and whats going on will definitely help.  I am here to support you as i know you r here for me.  Hopefully some of our other surgery buddies will come out as well to celebrate and update us.

Keep in touch and Happy New Year!!!
dreamgirl119
on 12/30/11 7:18 pm - Lansdowne, PA
Hi Ms. Stephanie...how are you doing?  Me, I'm terrible. It's like I've fallen and I can't get up. I changed jobs and went from working night to days almost two years ago and I'm still having sleep issues.

I've regained 28lbs. and now I'm just damn tired o watching my weight creep back up. I pulled out my journal this mornng and wiped away the dust. I haven't logged anything in my personal journal since 7/6/2010...bad, bad, bad!

New Year, new focus and a new ME!  Can't go backwards, I can only move forward.

Happy New Year!

Stephanie B.
on 12/21/11 11:00 pm - Chattanooga, TN
Topic: Come out Come out whereever YouAre
 ok guys....Year one....weekly postsvwhd updates on our progress and little peeks into each other lives....now...ghost towm   I would to kbow how each of u is dog and whats going with u.  I miss you and I miss our board.  Come back as we are abouut to celebrate 5 yr surgerversaries
Stephanie B.
on 12/21/11 10:50 pm - Chattanooga, TN
Topic: RE: My anniversary
 almost 5 year anniversary time and my weightvis about 162......i have not been consistent with my eating yabits, work outs, taking supplements or drinking water....I know how very important all this is and yet i dont do it....today is a new day with new mercy.  Hope each of u have blessed 2012's
swanie76
on 7/11/11 2:22 am
Topic: RE: Gaining Weight!
thank you thank you thank you
I never reach my personal goal (185) as well and have become very AFRAID of gaining my weight back. I am almost at 0 excercise (just walking for lunch) my energy is nonexistant. I thank you for your encouraging words

WLS 1/19/07
preop/current/drgoal/mygoal/ideal wt 
320/240/220/180/155 

Ticker 88396

Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1389 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1069 views