Take 2 WLS rescheduled 20 Jan 2010

BigJimNoMore
on 12/18/09 11:20 pm - Beavercreek, OH
Well, I'm back on the schedule. After a 50 day delay, I'm back on the schedule
BigJimNoMore

Jim Christian
on 12/19/09 7:46 am - Lemoore, CA
Jim

I am also Jim and am scheduled for January 13th. I am having trouble getting my wife to back me and I know it is not possible to have the R-Y without her support.

I have been overweight since the late 1950's and have not ever been able to loose and keep it off for any time. I am getting tired of not being able to get into normal clothes. Also I want to be around to see my grandchildren grow up.

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you will do the same for me.

BigJimNoMore
on 12/20/09 9:24 pm - Beavercreek, OH
Hi Jim,

At first, my wife too was not very supportive so I fully understand. What has helped is our local support groups. My wife has attended a few with me, and has heard from many WLS survivors. I think that has eased her apprehension. Like you, I'm not a youngster. I have been overweight my entire life, and while I can lose the weight by dieting, I cannot sustain the weight loss.

Do yourself and your wife a favor. Read "A Guide to Weight Loss Surgery" written by Doctor Rhonda Hamilton. Not only is she an MD, but a WLS survivor herself. She does a great job of examining the risks and benefits of WLS and puts everything in layman's terms. She also gives a great reason why DIETS DON'T WORK. I got mine out of the local library. Trust me, I don't like to read books, but I couldn't put this one down.

Good luck with your surgery!

Jim
BigJimNoMore

Missy N.
on 12/20/09 10:29 am - Kalkaska
Good luck Jim! We are going to be surgery buddy's! My surgery is on the same day!  I can't wait!

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

BigJimNoMore
on 12/20/09 9:27 pm - Beavercreek, OH
OK Missy,

You and I will be on the losers bench at the same time..... The race is ON!!!!!!

Cheers
Jim

BigJimNoMore

Missy N.
on 12/20/09 11:05 pm - Kalkaska

Oh yea!  The race is on to a better life!!

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics