nervousness just hit me like a ton of brick... surgery Jan 7th

pamy1129
on 1/1/10 1:00 pm - hawkesbury , Canada
Having surgery Jan 7th  i know i made the right choice 10000000% but i'm 26 and a single mom of 2  , 8 year old and 1 year old , and it just hit me like a ton of bricks that something could go wrong , i'm  healthy other than the morbid obesity , no co morbitidies , never smoked , so my surgeon told me i'm the perfect candidate but still kinda have that little voice back there still worried ..... any of you got really nervous or am i the only one.. lol

thanx for you in put and happy new year and good luck everyone

Roxy2974
on 1/1/10 1:58 pm - Austell, GA
I am right there with you! I am having surgery in 2 days!! I am nervous and keep having feelings of death. BUT I have to stop it and I pray that all will go well. Please pray for me on the 4th. U will be in mine GOD willing come the 7th.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Dymone
on 1/1/10 5:56 pm - Everman, TX
Trust me, you are not alone in the nerves dept.  I got real nervous last night, and couldn't shake that feeling. But now I have that nervous excitement. I know we all are going to be fine.  Just take a couple of deep breathes and release.  You all will be fine.
~Blessed beyond measures~  * With him on my side, there's nothing I can't do.*

~Ready for the new life...and the New ME~
Ready to spread my Pretty Wings and Fly

Mz_Dymone

LyndseyLouWho
on 1/1/10 10:10 pm - Nyack, NY
I was perfectly healthy aside from being fat, too. I had surgery Monday and aside from a little trauma to my tongue from the breathing tubes, it was a breeze! As long as you trust in your surgeon, it will be the same for you! Good luck girl!

Pat P.
on 1/2/10 6:32 pm - Council Bluffs, IA
Everything will be fine and feelings such as yours are normal.  I remember feeling the same way and now I am 2 1/2 months out and it is even hard to remember that I was feeling so fearful.  Good luck to you and good luck to all having surgery this week.  You will be on the losing side in no time at all.
Patty Ann      
LessLisa
on 1/3/10 12:23 am - Jefferson, OH

My surgery is also January 7th, and yesterday I started feeling the same way, so you're not alone!  I have been praying daily, and had a sense of calm come over me.  Today?  I am exicted!  I just found out my surgery date last week so I've only had 1 week to prepare for everything, and I think that made my anxiety worse. 

I will pray for you as well, and cannot wait to hear how things go for you!!!

~Lisa   276 / 167 / 170 (start / current / goal)
Website - LessLisa

queen08
on 1/3/10 6:46 am
I am feeling the exact same way. I try to distract myself and think about something else but, I just looked at my 12 year old son tonight and realized there is a real chance I might die. WOW! My date is January 8th and I too only had a week to prepare. I'm sure we will be releived when it's all over and wonder whet we were so freaked out about. Good luck!  I'm right here wiht you a day later. 
Tinkers107
on 1/3/10 9:27 am - Dyer, IN
I totally understand.....my surgery is tomorrow. I am getting a little nervous now. I have the greatest faith in my surgeons and God so I have been praying all day that all goes well. I am praying for everyone who has surgery this week too.

Erika

Example 1

mumto5
on 1/4/10 3:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
My DS surgery is tomorrow as well. I am nervous as heck. My gameplan is to ask for something to calm me down as soon as I get in there.
Good luck to all the January dates!
louloubelle
on 1/4/10 8:55 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with
My surgery date is the 9th~
I am nervous too, but mine is the after....getting use to my new tummy. I think since the decision was made I was ready. Now I just want to get done and start to see the new me. I am ready to feel better!
We will all do fine, just have faith!

L~

Most Active
Recent Topics