Liquid diet and headache

Nichole34
on 1/5/10 1:41 am - oakland, MD
 I started my liquid diet yesterday and my surgery is on the 18th.  I woke up with a headache today.  I know it is probably from not eating, but was wondering if anyone else experienced this how long did it last?  I took Tylenol, but it didn't touch it.
IGDiva
on 1/5/10 2:26 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Nichole,

Do you typically drink a lot of caffeine?  You might want to try Excedrin.  Also, you may want to post in the Sleeve board.  I have gotten so much support there.  Just think in less than 2 weeks for you and 2 weeks for me we'll be sleeved OMG!
honeybare
on 1/5/10 10:38 am
I'm freaking out because I just found this board, and then freaking out because I felt the same way!

I started my diet too yesterday, and had a headache before I went to sleep. I woke up with it this morning too. I'm a diabetic, so I was thinking that maybe I just needed food. So, like a dummy this afternoon, I bought a cheeseburger and fries from Mickey D's, and after a couple of bites it went away, but the food tasted horrible. So, I guess I've learned my lesson. Nothing really tastes the same, and I'm on Slimfast, sugar free drinks, water and 1 Lean Cuisine meal a day.

I've resigned to the fact  that I'll be okay. I think its just our bodies processing less sugar, carbs, etc. etc.

I'm so ready for this to be over!

Good Luck!!!

Lakesidemom
on 1/5/10 11:12 am - Duluth, MN
I had the same problem.  I had a headache for about 3 days.  I tried a "touch" of caffeine (about 2 ounces that I mixed with heated up milk), I tried some Tylenol, etc.  Headache waxed and waned.  I felt better after the 3 days but it was frustrating.  Haven't had a headache since though - hope yours eases quickly.

Most Active
Recent Topics