Where's all my 1/4/2010 girls at?

Tinkers107
on 1/7/10 10:18 am - Dyer, IN

Hey just checking in with everyone that had surgery on January 4th. Want to see how you are doing? Surgery went well for me. I got home yesterday. Started pureed food this morning. Tried some scrambled egg whites. I think I ate them to fast. i got a horrible pain in my chest. I walked around for a while and it was gone, but now I am afraid to eat eggs. I made some chicken salad and that seems to be working OK.

How are you all eating/drinking/and getting those vitamins in?

Erika

Example 1

Roxy2974
on 1/8/10 5:22 am - Austell, GA
I AM HERE!
I was discharged yesterday evening and I am having gas pains and still need to poot. Sipping and walking. Still on full liquids until my post op appy on the 18th of Jan. I was so afraid of the surgery part that I didn't focus on how I would feel afterwards and for all of those who says this is the easy way OUT, they need to feel what I feel for 5 minutes! Can't wait to hear from the others. Let's keep in touch!

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
sharonelaine
on 1/10/10 1:24 am
I'm new here but had my surgery on the 4th as well. Came home on Wed. Had a few really bad days. Starting to feel better. Have gone to the bathroom but still have plenty of gas.Get weak when I get up still. Still taking mostly liquids, and not many of those at the moment. getting more in each day though.Had 4 bites of eggs with cheese last night. they went down alright and stayed down.So yeah one food I know I can eat.Still can't sleep in my bed but crossing my fingers either tonight or tomorrow I can.
susan296
on 1/10/10 3:30 pm - Westerville, OH
My surgery went great, and have had no pain/sickness, etc., but I had a rough day (day 4) with emotion - all over the place - feeling weepy, feelings hurt, missing food, etc.  I think the worst is just missing the chewing!  I'm still on liquids for another week, so I am completely ENVIOUS of you girls and your pureed foods!  Thank goodness for SF popsicles!  I can get a little "crunch"!  

Roxy2974
on 1/12/10 3:02 pm - Austell, GA
I AM HERE WITH U! I had an emotional break down today just frustrated that I can't drive, I can't eat I am just here full of gas! Thank God no crazy pains. I am so getting me some popsicles tomorrow!! I know it is the chewing that I miss as well, I took a bite of my Moms chicken(when she wasn't looking) and chewed and swished it around my mouth and spit it out, and I mean I spit it ALL out I didnt wanna take any chance with a lil piece be swallowed. It felt good.. so sad am I...lol

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
susan296
on 1/13/10 8:30 am - Westerville, OH
Sugar Free popsicles have SAVED me!  haha  Tomorrow I'm getting my port out, and will weigh in there for the first time.  Anybody weigh themselves yet?  I decided to wait until the doctor, and then I'll weigh myself at home to see how they compare.  I'm crossing my fingers there's a good number.  I FEEL like I've lost, but I'm afraid to hope.  You know, in case I'm the ONLY ONE who ever had this surgery who doesn't lose!  
HW 273 / SW 249 / CW 204/ GW 145

sunshine105
on 1/13/10 1:28 pm - Warren, MI
Hey, I am here.  Had my RNY on the 4th.  Didn't really have any problems with the surgery.  I am on the pureed stage right now and looking ahead to see what I can have at the soft stage.  I don't think I'll be able to start that stage until my 2 week doctor's visit scheduled for next Wednesday.

I am still trying very hard to get in all my water and protein.  The dietician says we should try to be eating between 700 -900 calories at the two week mark.  I will have to try a little harder if I'm going to reach that.

What I find strange is that sometimes I am starving and sometimes I don't care if I ever eat again.  I've got to figure out what causes those cycles.

Anyway, I am so happy my surgery is done and I can get on with the process of living!

How about you?

Sandi

13.5 lb lost before surgery
mumto5
on 1/20/10 10:40 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats on doing so well! I had my DS on the 5th and am doing ok except for getting in my protein. I would love to know how you made your chicken salad. Someone suggested tuna salad to me too.
Keep up the great work!
Most Active
Recent Topics