12 more days!!!!!

merehern
on 1/9/10 10:36 am - Covington, GA
It seems like it was just the other day that I was just beginning the process.  I can't believe that my life will change completely for the better in just 12 days!!!  I am so excited but nervous at the same time.  I already have all of the vitamins and protein powder that I will need when I get home.  But I still feel like there is still a lot of things that I will need that I haven't even thought about.  I am so nervous that right after surgery I will need something and not have it.  What are the main important things that I will need while in the hospital?  Thanks for letting me ramble for a minute!! Meredith

lovemygijoe
on 1/10/10 5:13 am
Good luck to you. My surgery is the day after yours. woohoo. When I asked what I needed to bring they just told me the basic essentials to make yourself comfortable. You know hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, chapstick...stuff like that. Oh and of course your comfy loose clothes to go home.
I can't wait for the next week and a half to go by. Soooo close.
Missy N.
on 1/10/10 9:49 am - Kalkaska
I am in the same boat you guys are in! I hope the next week and half goes by fast. I have so much house work to get done.  My mom is coming up for a whole week so I am doing some rearranging of bedrooms, and putting up bunk-beds, switch cloths out for my youngest. He keeps growing, errr!  There is so much to do, so little time.

Here are some of the things that I have heard is recommended for the hospital stay.

-Chap stick
-Your own pillow
-computer (maybe?)
-pads/tampons (some say they started their period because of the surgery)
-Shampoo/Conditioner, body wash
-deodarate

I hope that is it. Not sure, if there is anything you would like to bring. My doc does not have me on protein shakes, and vitamins until one week post-op. If anyone else can add to this that would be great!

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

sharonelaine
on 1/10/10 11:36 pm
I just had mine a  week ago. I didn't take much to the hospital. I wore my comfy clothes there so I could wear them home.(had to be there really early) I took my tootbrush/toothpaste hairbrush, deo, chapstick, my pillow, and don't forget any meds you are on now. you will need those while there. Oh I took my laptop as well.

Most Active
Recent Topics