Isopur, anyone tried it?

lovemygijoe
on 1/14/10 5:55 am
So I am on day 7 of me liquid diet. It's a lot easier now than on day 1. My only problem is I physically can't get these protein shakes down. Yesterday and the day before I was only able to drink 1 shake. Today I haven't had any. Jus****er. My stomach rumbles every once in a while but that's all. I called the nutritionist yesterday and told her what's going on. She says no more cheese or lunch meat. :( When I told her I've only had one shake a day she told me to try Isopur. I guess it's a clear juice like drink that is loaded with protein. Has anyone tried this? She also said that there is a small chance that if I don't get my protein in, then my liver will not shrink enough. Has anyone else heard this???? It really concerns me.

Roxy2974
on 1/14/10 2:42 pm - Austell, GA
1st, I too believed that the liquid diet was just to torture me but U must follow the liquid diet it is very true that it shrinks the liver bc your surgeon has to be able to manipulate the liver and move it away from where he will be cutting, sorry. U are lucky that you are not of FULL liquids where no chewing can take place, I have not chewed in almost 5 weeks except once when I broke down and ate a piece of chicken. I tell u bc i followed my liquids my surgeon was excited when he got inside of me bc he said I know u followed the liquid diet bc your liver was so flexible and my surgery lasted a little under the minimum time it should, my DS surgery can be from 3 to 4 hours and mine was a lil under 3 AMAZING.
Now, yes I have had Isopure, my suggestion is to try one before u buy a bunch. I have the Mango something flavor and it is ok it is no snapple. If full protein is not easy I suggest Chike meal replacements in strawberry and vanilla.. really good and it not only gives u protein but fiber and other good stuff. I like Unjury Chicken soup as well.
Some tricks, buy low sodium, low suger canned soup and blend it to a milk consitency u can add seasoning to it and that will help with the hungry in between protein shakes and gives u a variety. ALSO, I have mixed fruit and flavorings to my chike and i thought I was having shakes. I am not gonna lie and say u get use to it to the point u are happy and satisfied u will get use to it. I am so ready for pureed and soft foods myself.
GOOD LUCK

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
lovemygijoe
on 1/15/10 4:00 am
Trust me, I am definately NOT lucky. I am on a strict protein shake only diet. I can't have soup. I REALLY wish I could. I love soup. I am only supposed to have 4 protein shakes a day and low sodium broth. That's it. Oh wait, I get SF popsicles and jello. Oh yum. :( The only reason I had the lunch meat and cheese slice was because I had only been able to get one shake down that day and needed some protein. I know all the reasons why I need to do this diet but by day 8 part of my brain is like "I don't care. I just need food."
Thanks for the advice, I stopped and got some Isopure today and it is soooo much better than the shakes. It doesn't do anything at all for hunger of course but atleast I'm getting my protein. Yay.
Roxy2974
on 1/15/10 6:40 am - Austell, GA
I am so happy the isopure is helping. I swear this liquid diet thing is torture. I am 11 days post op and still on liquid it is at this point that it all taste the same and I just wanna scream I rather not drink at all. I will pray for u.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
IGDiva
on 1/15/10 5:30 am - Orlando, FL
 I use Isopure at work and when I just don't feel like making a shake, they are pretty good and easy to get down.  I have tried the Blue Raspberry and Punch flavors.  I am getting ready to order the sampler pack and the Green Lemon Tea and Black Lemon Tea, GNC is selling 12 packs for $39.99 right now.
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
lovemygijoe
on 1/15/10 7:02 am
Thank you guys. I agree the lliquid diet is absolute torture. I keep hoping that my friends aren't fibbing and telling me that I won't be hungry after the surgery and that those two weeks won't be as hard as these. I'm not sure I believe them.

Oh btw just a heads up Isopure is buy one get one half off at GNC. That's for the singles AND the case. I also heard that they will let you make your own case with your the flavors you want. That would be a plus. Not sure, but it's worth a shot.
yuiop69
on 1/20/10 3:44 pm
I've had a few flavors of the isopure.  I thought they weren't too bad. WHen I was on my pre-op diet, they  filled me up a bit. 

Good luck to you.  YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!

Melinda

Highest weight 386, surgery (1/11/10) 357, Current 198, Initial Goal 150.

SOooooooo thankful for my RNY tool.

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/10 5:41 am - Washington, DC
I am having to drink the Isopure post-op and it was initially a nightmare. Now I dilute it with water and it is not half bad. More ounces of water to drink, but at least the protein is getting in.
Sweetie for Life
on 1/30/10 1:21 am
I've tried Isopure Alpine Punch and Blue Raspberry. I didn't like the Blue Raspberry AT ALL!! It left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. However, the Alpine Punch wasn't bad at all. Also a really good protein shake that tastes great and is cheap is Premier Nutrition -chocolate. You can get it at Costco. A case of 18 is about $24. They are great!!! No aftertaste at all. It tastes like chocolate milk. Hope all went well with your surgery. Mine was on the 27th. So i'm looking forward to moving to the next stage of soft foods also. Hang in there!

Most Active
Recent Topics