10 Days until my RE-Birthday!!!

Amalia S.
on 1/15/10 7:53 pm - Athens, Greece
In exactly ten days, on January 26, 2010 I will be having WLS, in my case the Gastric Sleeve. I'm excited and nervous, exhilarated and pensive... in other words I'm an emotional mess! Still, I'm convinced that this is the best thing I can do for myself, so I'm calling the day of my WLS my Re-Birthday and plan to celebrate it faithfully in the years to come.

Over 110 lbs lost!! (Finally!)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/almost/   
zanne2324
on 1/16/10 10:55 am - West Bend, WI
We will share a re-birthday!

I am more than an emotional mess. Glitch with insurance.. I think I'm okay but waiting for next week to be sure... Looks like Insurance messed up with what is covered this year. HR says I'm covered and will work with the rep but if my emotions weren't raw before, they were yesterday. Today is better but I carbed up.. comfort food !!! Dr. Needs me on special low carb starting tuesday but I was to have started this week. I'm not doing quite so good, but I keep trying.. Come Monday I am not cheating, backing down or anything!!!!!  Unless they refuse to do the surgery I will be ready...(I don't see that happening!) 

I really want this second chance at a normal life. It is good to hear that someone else this close is as nervous and excited as I am...

Suzanne

HW - 383/ SW - 376/ CW - 259/ GW - 199

Amalia S.
on 1/16/10 10:49 pm - Athens, Greece
Suzanne I don't think I will believe that all this is real until I actually wake up from the anesthesia. I've been loading up on carbs too as a nervous reaction to my insecurities I suppose. I haven't been put on ay special diets pre-op but I AM supposed to stop smoking - or as close as possible - and yesterday I smoked a whole pack! Better than my 3 pack a day habit but far from quitting :(
Hang in there Suzanne, soon it will be done and we can start our new life with hope and joy!

Over 110 lbs lost!! (Finally!)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/almost/   
Most Active
Recent Topics