VSG Jan 11th

oneflesh5
on 1/17/10 1:03 am
Well, I'm on the other side of things! I'm still unsure, it's been a rough 6 days!

I've lost 10lbs already, but I'm weak and feel stressed! I really hope this passes soon.

How is everyone else doing?

Rodnée Renée G.
on 1/17/10 1:51 am - Hoffman Estates, IL
Mine was the 13th. I am exhausted. I wish this stupid drain thing would come out now but I have to wait til I see my dr on Tues. I have gas bad. It hurts. Cannot stomach much but diluted apple juice. I mentally wanna eat especially when I see my family eating. Had my first BM today- I know TMI - But I was starting to worry lol. I haven't gotten on the scale yet. I wanna wait til after my port is out. Don't wanna get into everyday weighing like I was during my 2 week liquid diet. My stomach (above my belly button to my boobs) is REALLY tender, feels bruised. Hope things get better fast for us :o)

HW 317/ 175~GOAL REACHED 9.8.10/CW 136 ~*While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.*~  
oneflesh5
on 1/17/10 3:30 am, edited 1/17/10 3:36 am
I just feel so weak! I walk from my living room to my bedroom and I'm exhausted, my heart rate goes up and my breathing gets heavy...I hate it!! I'm just ready for this part to pass so I can get on with my life, I can't help but get on the scale every morning, it's like I have to remind myself every day why I did this. I sometimes have regret.

I don't sleep well at night, but I'm so very tired

I also hope things get better for us fast! I am SO over this weak crap!

GloryDays003
on 1/19/10 12:56 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am very thankful I am having an easier time than you ladies. I am a little weak. like I am recovering from a bout with the flu. I have absolutely NO PAIN! I am still on clear liquids (broth, jello, crystal light, etc. My main concern is making sure I am taking the correct medication for my hypertension and type II diabetes. I see my surgeon tomorrow and my promary on thursday. I am walking slowly on the treadmill and will increase the duration and intensity as my strength returns (5-10min 2x day) Gook Luck Ladies, it can only get better.

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/10 5:37 am - Washington, DC
I have also been fortunate to have a fairly easy recovery. My biggest challenges have been acidity, but I am controlling that with some meds, and there is some pain in my big incision.

I hope you guys have a better next few days.
Nichole34
on 1/26/10 10:26 pm - oakland, MD
I had my surgery on the 18th.  I have to say that I feel that I am blessed because I was expecting it to be worse then it was for me.  I feel for everyone that is having a hard time with this.  I was sleeping really well the first 2 nights home, but not so much now.  I think my body is tensing up to protect my stomach and causing this.  I hope it will pass soon along with the remainder of the puffiness in my tummy.  I started walking (walk away the pounds video) yesterday and did a mile.  I think maybe I should have started with 1/2 mile first.  By the way, what is everyone eating?
Most Active
Recent Topics