RNY tomorrow! How are other January post-ops doing?

Bevangelista
on 1/18/10 6:04 am

Trying to get through the Miralax/Gatorade pre-op bowel prep for my RNY tomorrow.  Yuck!  First (and last) time I'll ever drink Gatorade; it's gross!  I was pretty nervous over the weekend but now I'm feeling calm and ready to go.  I'm the first patient in the morning, so we're due at the hospital at 6 AM.  If any of you happen to be up at 7:30 AM EST, I'd appreciate any prayers and positive thoughts you could send my way.

For those of you who've already had your surgery, how are you doing?  Feeling OK?

Barbara

HW 283/CW 266/Goal 135

Doesn't include 8 lbs lost pre-surgery        
merehern
on 1/18/10 8:47 am - Covington, GA
Congratulations!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm having my surgery on Thursday.  Good Luck!!!
- Meredith

Missy N.
on 1/18/10 10:21 am - Kalkaska
Well at least you had to do Miralax and Gatorade. I am on Rx for a bowel kit I have to take tomorrow before my surgery, and liquids all day. I will be praying for you and I am sure things will be just fine!

My surgery in right in between yours(20th)! So good luck on the recovery!

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

Jan B.
on 1/19/10 1:41 pm - Owens Cross Roads, AL
Hi Missy!!  I am going for surgery tomorrow too - Best of luck to you!

Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death. --  Ayn Rand

HEIGHT: 5'3"   HW:221 / SW:215 / GW: 135
Sparklegigi
on 1/18/10 2:59 pm - La Verne, CA
Hi,
My surgery was last Friday and I got home last night.  I had been fighting a fever and nausea all weekend and most of the day today.  Its true what they say, walking makes you feel better.  In the hospital, you drag the IV around with you.  I feel much better tonight.  There is no pain from the insicions. 
krizzti
on 1/18/10 4:28 pm - Lakeville, MN
Good luck to you! 

I'm scheduled for Wednesday.  See ya on the flip side!  :)
ernursen2006
on 1/18/10 10:00 pm
 Hi everyone! I had my RNY on Jan 15th at 4pm....I didn't have to bowel prep but I was clear liquids for 2 days. I had some major nausea in the hospital. I was discharged home at 2pm the next day. After I was able to walk and take in enough fluids, I was set free! I was very uncomfortable in the hospital. The bed was not my favorite!!! I was very puffy after surgery from all of the fluids so I am refraining from weighing myself just yet. My first post-op appt is tomorrow....1.5 hrs away! 
Good luck to everyone! You will be in my prayers!
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/10 12:32 am
I had my surgery Jan 5th. I feel 110% back to normal...I say this because the amount of energy I have gained from losing weight has been incredible. If somone had told me there was a potential to lose 45 lbs in 2 weeks I would have told them they were CRAZY! I had a bit of pain in the begining, but otherwise it was completley tolerable. Now, nothing hurts and I'm inbetween pureed foods and starting solids. Its fantastic. You'll be in my prayers for a safe and easy recovery!
smokeybonefan
on 1/19/10 5:32 am - Napoleon, OH
RNY on 01/06/10 with
I am doing very well since January 6th, lost 29lbs so far maybe more by now. Just hang in there you will be fine. Walk in the hospital as soon as you feel like it. You will slowly start feeling better as you heal. I made it ok and I know you will. I will pray for you. Keep me posted ok. Good Luck! You will be fine...

Roxy2974
on 1/19/10 10:01 am - Austell, GA
Good Luck to U, I will be up at 7:30am just to pray for u.
My surgery was the 4th and I have not had any complications, just gas and burping...lol..
I am now on pureed foods.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Most Active
Recent Topics