surgery on 27th- how are u doing?

Sweetie for Life
on 1/30/10 1:35 am
I had surgery on the 27th. I'm doing good. Have had some gas and some pain, but feeling pretty good other than that. I think I pushed myself too much last night trying to get in all my protein and fluids because I felt like I was about to bust. Stomach was hurting this morn, but thank God for liquid vicodin. I'm feeling good now. Just wondered how everyone else is feeling? Congrats to all of the January Newbies! I'm sooooo excited for us!! Also, FYI , Premier Nutrition Chocolate protein from Costco IS GREAT and cheap!!! You can get 18 per case for abt $24. No aftertaste, GREAT TASTE!!! Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing.

honeybare
on 1/31/10 7:43 am
Hey there!

I had my surgery on the 26th. I can't say that I've been that pressed to get my protein. I said I'm gonna try really hard starting Monday. Honestly, I'm just really scared to put anything in. I know that sounds crazy, and I think my husband may have a "tude" with me because of it, but I just haven't been.  I came home Thursday night, and since then, I've just been really worried about drinking too much because I too have gotten that "full" feeling and I didn't like it. I havent been on any meds for pain either, so I've been winging it. I've been getting my fluids in I think....just not the protein. Not nearly as much as I've been told some people have in a day. How much liquid did they say you should be able to handle/hold?

zanne2324
on 1/31/10 11:57 am - West Bend, WI
I had surgery on the 26th.. most of my pain gone so on tylenol only for the last two days.. .but pain near my liver is driving me nuts.. They said no straw to eliminate drinking air.. but all I have done since surgery is get bubbles of air in my stomache... first few days I felt like hit by a mac truck.. thank God that went away.. I hate pain medicine and how it makes me feel.

I am not on protein suppliments but pureed protein right now.. I am not yet getting it all in but more each day and more water each day too. I hope to add milk on monday so that will allow me to increase my protien a  lot..

Walking is hard,.. I started at 375 on 5'8" body..and with my asthma I haven't walked much in months. But I am up to 45 minutes at a slow stroll. IT is a start..

I hope all of you are doing well...

Surprised on my home scale this morning at 361. About 5 lbs less than preop weight... I think..
 HW - 383/ SW - 376/ CW - 259/ GW - 199

honeybare
on 2/1/10 9:04 am
Sounds like your off to a wonderful start!

I entered the hospital at about 307, right now I'm 298, and trust me, I'm a short, pudgy 5'2 I think. I think we are both headed in the right direction. I'm going to be honest. I haven't  really had that much water, and that's because it still kinda tastes nasty, but I'm currently having a love affair with sugar free popsicles, ginger ale and apple juice.

Sweetie for Life
on 2/4/10 11:56 am
Hello ladies,
You both sound like you're doing well. This is definitely an experience. I was readmitted to the hospital on Sunday, for observation. Everything turned out to be ok. They told me 64 oz of fluid a day. This includes the protein. But, they did say listen to your body. If it feels like too much then slow it down and build up to it. I think my love affair is slowly turning into a love/hate relationship. I'm on the hate end right now. I've been very irritable and yearning for the next phase of food. Are you diluting your apple juice and is your ginger ale flat? Good luck to you both! I can't believe that you're already on a stroll and at 45 minutes at that!!! CONGRATS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics