Pureed Stage: How Often Are We Supposed to Eat?

krizzti
on 1/31/10 3:21 am - Lakeville, MN
How often should we be eating pureed foods?  Just three times a day, like regular meals?  5 times a day?  I'm really not sure.

Also, the dietician said that I will "eventually" move up to 1/2 cup of food at a time.  How soon/far away is "eventually?"  Days?  Weeks?  Months?  I should have asked, but it didn't cross my mind when I was sitting there with her. 

To be safe, I'm sitting down to family meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and eating my teeny tiny little pureed portions.  I am not complaining, I'm super excited!  I'm just wondering if I'm supposed to be eating more?

samtcd
on 1/31/10 5:34 am
 I think it is important to aim for 3 meals a day with 2-3 snacks inbetween.
I had surgery on the 22nd jan and I can eat about half a small greek yoghurt at a time, but it does fill me up for hours. I can manage about 4 oz of liquid (soup or broth or shakes) in about half an hour.
Things are back to normal, pretty much, in my house- with the excpetion of me being the last left at the table instead of the first one finished!

zanne2324
on 1/31/10 7:04 pm - West Bend, WI
It really depends on your program.. Mine has me on three pureed meals a day with NO snacks.
2 oz of pureed is about all I can get in. the meat alone is even less. I did have cottage cheese and yogurt for dinner last night.

My doc said water is most important for the first week, then protein, then exercise. I should be adding milk in place of some water this week.

Check with the doctor though.. so many programs are so different.

Good Luck!

HW - 383/ SW - 376/ CW - 259/ GW - 199

Most Active
Recent Topics