Weight loss slowed

Nichole34
on 5/16/10 8:43 pm - oakland, MD
How long after surgery did you experience your weight loss to slow down?  And did it stay slow after that time or pick back up after awhile?

Nichole

Jenci S.
on 5/17/10 1:53 am - Sacramento, CA
If you check out my health ticker on my profile you can see how my losses have fluctuated.  I have had a few stalls which lasted a week or two.  I just now broke past a stall and have been losing at least .5 lbs a day for 5 days.  But remember, everyone is different!

"Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more;
talk less, say more; love more, and all good things will be yours."  -Swedish Proverb

Tinkers107
on 5/17/10 3:00 am - Dyer, IN
My scale didn't move at all last week and I am so ready to throw the darn thing out the window!!!!!

Erika

Example 1

Michele T.
on 5/17/10 4:46 am, edited 5/17/10 4:47 am - Houston, TX
Beginning 6 weeks after surgery, I lost an avg of 8 lbs per month for 4 months but it was very weird and sporadic if you look at it on a smaller scale (like weekly or daily).  However, May is looking more like 3 lbs.  I have no idea what happens next.

Michele  
HW 319 / SW 299 / CW 210/ GW 195
Height 5'7"  Sleeve 11/24/09

Celia S.
on 5/17/10 3:17 pm - Clarks Summit, PA
I lost really fast at first. I was down 30lbs in 2 weeks and 2 weeks later another 20. Now I average about 12 lbs a month. I have not had any stalls yet, but I figure with more exercise I will probably will hit one due to losing fat and gaining muscle.
Celia

vdix04
on 5/18/10 5:00 am, edited 5/18/10 11:58 am
I feel like I have them alot, it feels like I won't lose anything for a week or so and then at a snap of a finger I'm down 2 pounds. So it really varies. I'm also super active in the gym and I think that has helped me continue to drop steadily. I lost 14 pounds last month and I'm averaging about 13 pounds a month.

zanne2324
on 5/19/10 1:49 am - West Bend, WI
My weight loss is slowing. But I started out so fast so at 4 months I was down 69lbs.which is just less than 20/ month but the first two months were much faster. This third and fourth month are much slower. officially 8lbs last month. but starting to move again.
But I am eating outside of the plan so I start now with going back to basics...
 HW - 383/ SW - 376/ CW - 259/ GW - 199

Missy N.
on 5/19/10 2:59 am - Kalkaska
I have had weight slow down also since my 12 week**** in April.  But I think it is because I lost so much in the first three months.  I lost almost 68 lbs in three months.  Now, I will lose 2 lbs, then stall for about a week, and then poof, I lose 2lbs.  I am exercising too, especially since it has gotten nice in Michigan now. I do notice that I am losing the inches, so I am guessing that I am losing the inches because of the exercises, and gaining muscle that I have never had.

I am glad that I am not the only one that has slowed down.  I was getting really frustrated with myself.  I was doing everything asked but nothing was happening for a while.  Thanks!

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics