6 month anniversary and I'm stuck on this plateau

Katie R.
on 9/25/03 1:56 am - Coalinga, CA
Well today is my 6 month anniversary and I'm stuck on this plateau- So I am fairly bummed out out. Yes I have lost 91 lbs from my highest weight and yes I have lost 80 lbs from my pre-op weight, but I am just stuck and the the scale hasn't budged in a couple of weeks! - I was hoping to get to 175 to reach my 100 lbs gone goal - but NOOOOO! Am I still overjoyed with my loss so far yes!! Completely and I would have surgery again in a heartbeat! While I once was a tight size 26 - I now am wearing loose size 16's and will be sporting 14's in a matter of days not weeks or years, but does this plateau bother me - heck yeah! I want the number to change! Yesterday! Please tell me I am not done losing - it will move again right?? I am still 54 lbs away from my goal and I feel like I will never make it there!
Jan P.
on 9/25/03 4:18 am - ARLINGTON, TX
I too am 6 months and don't feel like the scale is moving fast enough. It is moving just not to my satisfaction. I am also approximately 55 lbs from my goal weight but again it has only been 6 months and I would have never before lost close to 100 lbs in 2 years let alone 6 months. You have a great attitude and will make it through this. Try increasing your protein and/or water intake to stimulate the weight loss. If that doesn't work don't fret, it is just your body catching up with what you have already lost. Keep that chin up and you will do fine.
Marilyn R.
on 9/25/03 8:35 am - Queens, NY
I am also stuck on a plateau but you know what? I am not going to let it get to me. Why? Because there would have been no way for me to lose what I have lost so far with any diet. My surgeon assured me that our bodies have to take a break from time to time and it does it by creating these plateus. Also keep in mind that the honeymoon period is basically over after the 6-month mark and it takes more effort to lose the goal weight. I was told to re-evaluate EVERYTHING I do, such as what I eat, how fast I eat, when I eat and how much I eat. Also we HAVE to excercise and we cannot snack in between meals. We have to drink over 64 ounces of water a day, which is my problem. I just can't do it all the time. I try very hard to stick to the basic rules of WLS. Protein first, No snacking, drink water and exercise. Just some food for thought.......
Katie R.
on 9/28/03 3:29 am - Coalinga, CA
I got an email from Patricia M this weekend and I have tried to email her back but its not working- Patricia if you are out there please email me again so I can reply for some reason this keeps coming back to me!
summewe
on 9/29/03 2:37 am - Gambrills, MD
I think you are doing great! I have about 50 more to go also. My weight loss has slowed down. When I get bummed about it I think how much I'd weigh now if I hadn't had it done. I too wear 14's and 16's. I never thought I'd wear those sizes. Hang in there. High protein, low carbs, and excise. Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss. I'll post my 6 mo. results on 10/2/03 after my appt. What a fabulous six months it has been!
sails92
on 9/30/03 5:15 am - Lexington, KY
Hi Katie, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. You are doing a wonderful job. I'm 6 months post-op and have lost 61lbs since WLS and a total of 73lbs overall. We may be slow losers but THANK YOU JESUS that we are losing. Many Blessings, Marilyn in Lexington, KY.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views