President of the Slow Losers Club

Ann B.
on 3/10/04 1:34 am - Dallas, TX
I am a year and two days out and my doctor has said that I am clearly 70-80 pounds more than I should be compared with other females my same starting weight and height. I even got worse news at my one-year follow up appointment on Monday. The surgeon says it will take me 2 and a half more years to reach goal. He thinks my metabolism is shot to hell since my labs, compliance, exercise, protein, water, and daily habits are perfect but yielding very slow weight loss results. I am deeply sadded and depressed. I have been doing everything right and the results are so ssssslllloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww. It hurts to realize I am not going to be anywhere near goal by December 11. The surgeon told me I should rescedule my wedding. I just don't want to be married in a size 26 dress. I want so much to feel and look beautiful on that day and for me that doesn't include being this size. I have not given up. It is just hard right now to get fired up for the long fight ahead to reach goal. I know I am really shook because I did not get up to go and work out this morning. That is just not like me. I wish you all well. Ann
real S.
on 3/12/04 1:14 am - Ypsilanti, MI
Hi Ann, I am so sorry that you are disappointed with your weight loss and I know that you have heard all the the kind remarks and encourgement from everyone here at AMOS. I know exactly how you feel, I do not feel that I am where I should be but I also know that unlike you, I have not been exercising as I should and I have been making bad food choices, I think it is something wrong with my head! I just want you to know that I hear ya! I wish the best for you and I know that you will reach your goal, sometimes its not always when we want them but they will come. Just keep on doing what you are doing and keep the faith! You will make it! ( now if I just listen to my own words!) p.s. my year is up next week and wanted to lose another 9lbs by then, yeah right! Lynn
Cynthia B.
on 3/12/04 4:31 am - Hickory, NC
Hey Ann, One thing I have learned through the past year (and the Lord has to keep reminding me of this) is to focus on the JOURNEY and NOT the destination. It is too easy for me to put my agenda out there and miss what I should learn along the way. I, too, wish to be married this year and, although I should be down to my goal weight (that I set and not the doctor), if nothing happens I will still have all the shriveled skin--what a gift for the man that I love! When I start obsessing about this I try to pull back and focus on today--not tomorrow and all the future tomorrows. Because of what I have accomplished with God's help, I should have lots of tomorrows now--not so a year ago. That will be the real gift for the man that I love and for myself. This road is not easy and it is not fun in the daily routine of things, but all we can do is put one foot in front of the other and keep focused. The goal is a wonderful thing to shoot for but try to remember that there is a lot of life between here and there. That's my sermon for today--I hope it helps. I will keep you in my prayers. Blessings, Cyndi
lharbison
on 3/12/04 7:44 am - Metairie, LA
Hi again, Ann. I'm sorry that you're so down right now. But for heaven's sake don't put off being married to what obviously is a wonderful man who loves you just as you are. Celebrate life and start a second "new life" with him. You can rejoice on your 3rd or 4th anniversary that you are at goal and won't regret putting off those years with your husband. As we all know, life is too short and we've taken that step to hopefully make it a little longer for us. So keep on with the wedding plans and keep us posted. And for all us old-marrieds, send the pictures so we can be so jealous of you. hugs, Linda
summewe
on 3/23/04 3:23 am - Gambrills, MD
Ann - Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry you aren't happy with your weight loss. I really feel for you. Hang in there and keep up the good work. It is hard but it is so worth it. -- Wendy
rokin2rich
on 3/24/04 10:18 am - Cottonwood, CA
Woman, just look at your before pic and now...you look great! Everyone loses at a different rate, my rate has been slower than some..but when I get depressed about it..I just think of the things I can do now that I couldnt do one year ago.....You are georgeous and are doing great.... Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views