5 years today

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/10 8:05 pm
Five years ago today I had RNY.  Things are pretty good for me.  I fight the carb monster daily.  I walk most days, but can not seem to get to the gym.

Anybody else out there with a March 2005 surgery

Ruby Rosebud
3/11/2005
262/125/135
hi/lo/today
5'1'

javafiend
on 3/12/10 1:05 pm - Lebanon, TN

My 5 year is on March 30th.  I went from a size 20, to a size 2 in less than a year...I had to gain weight back! I am now at a size 4. Things are pretty good for me too, but I never had any huge problems. I dumped a couple of times, I stay away from broccoli and cranberries. I don't go to the gym, but am an extremely active, on-the-go kind of person.

Congrats on your 5 years! Here is to 5 more!!

Becky R
3/30/05
295/132/145
hi/lo/today
5'8"

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/10 8:11 pm
Thanks for the reply.  I sometimes feel like there are very few of who are this far out and are sucessful.  My story is simular to yours.  I had no big problems after surgery.  I went from a size 24 to an 8 and am now a 10/12.  I am shorter than you.  I am short but am not petite.  I have big bones and long waisted.  I would love to get to a 6/8, but it seems it is not in the cards.

I had at TT and a BL when I was about 18 months out. Both did a lot for the way I look.  I love the almost flat tummy and with a good bra my breast look good, too.  I would love to do something about the wrinkles in my face, but I can not make myself do the facelift route.  I keep thinking about boitox, etc but have not tried that.

I see your are from TN.  I am from the Atlanta area.  Glad things are going so good for you.

Ruby 
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/10 4:40 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Glad you two are doing well with the RNY.  I was a size 26, got down to 10/12 and after my 5 years post op, started creeping back up to my old size.  Bad part was that I started drinking sodas again and grazing too much.  be careful, it is really hard after the 5 year mark.  If you are good about excercise and eating low carb, you'll be fine :)
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/10 7:30 am
Thanks for your advise.  I know you are right.  I do graze too much.  I gave up sugar two weeks ago and am working on bread now.  It is hard!!!  I love crackers and can not figure out what to eat besides them.  I eat a lot of Kroger Carb Master yogurt (low in sugar.)  I still drink protein drinks (Adkins Advantage) rtd drinks.  Really I am sick of them both.
I want something with crunch.

I am probably about the right size for my age and body frame, but I am scared of gaining any more.  I loved being a size 8.  My PCP says 125 is my ideal weight and keeps after me to lose the 10 pounds.  Of course, he is about the size of a 10 year old.  Ha-ha   My surgeon says I am fine as I am.  He considers me a success and of course, I am for now.   

I wish you the best for you.  How far out are you?  What are you doing to get back on track?  I hate that phrase 'back on track.'  lol

Ruby
Ruby 
Corgi Mom !.
on 3/18/10 7:31 am - sunny, FL
Another Marcher of 05 here.  Recovering from a small bowel blockage on my surgerversary.  Oh well it is all good.

Still at goal.  Work for it though. 
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/10 12:12 pm
Sorry about your blockage but glad all is well.  Congraduations on staying at goal.  I keep trying to get this 10 lbs regain off.  Really I was only at goal about five minutes.  lol  

Ruby
sherron7195
on 6/15/10 10:20 pm - Harrison TWP, MI
 I too am a March 05'er!! My low was a size 6 that I lasted about a yr in. Unfortunetely, after a job change and marriage I have begun gaining weight back over the last 18mths. It is incredibly depressing and hard to get back to where I once was because my body can tolerate so much more now. I never get sick and I have that full,bloated feeling all day, even if I don't eat so it is hard to judge. I have to get back on a very, restricting plan but I just seem to keeping pushing this off until "tomorrow". If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them because I truly am depressed about this everyday. Congratulations to the ones that are maintaining and doing well!! 
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/10 12:33 pm
My story is simular to yours.  I weighed 143 this morning.  My low was 125.  I am 5'1"   I started today writing down my food and calories, protein, carbs and sugar.   I have been sick with a sinus infection and it is hot here in GA, so walking is hard to do.  My walking friend is out of town and will be back next week.  So I will be committed to walking in the mornings when she gets back.

I suggest you write your food down and find a walking friend.  Some days it is easier to walk than to make an excuse to my friend.  I am avoiding sugar.  I eat a lot of Kroger CarbMaster Yogurt.  It is high in protein, low in calories and sugar.  Also I drink a lot of otc Adkins Advantage Protein drinks.  Really I think the protein drinks are why I have not gained more.  We do not keep much food in the house.  My DH keeps cookies in his truck.  I know they are there, but I do not get in them too often.  I am a Christain and I PRAY for help with my food addiction.

If you are interested in keeping up a thread with me to try to encourage each other, PM me and I will send you my email address.

Ruby
3/2005
5'1"
262/125/143
hi/lo/today
Absynthe
on 9/7/10 2:42 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi! I had my surgery in March too, congrats everyone on their weight loss and maintaning :).

The carb monster - we are friends. I've also noticed soda creeping back into my diet. I noticed a long time ago that if I do not exercise I will lose no weight at all. So, have decided at this five year point that its time to try and start over and finish loosing the weight :).

I started at 370, got down to 220 and have maintained 240-250 for 3 years.

Good luck to everyone!
Genny
3/21/2005
370 / 225 / 247
hi/lo/today
5'7"
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 458 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 540 views