well i got a date...APRIL 6, 2007

viviane
on 1/12/07 9:25 am - Sault Ste. Marie (way the hell up here), Canada
anyone else??? I am so excited. I am hoping to find someone else to keep in touch with and go thru this together with a similar date....let me know......
qjgrant
on 1/18/07 10:51 am - Johns Island, SC
Hi Vivian!!! I have a date also...April 6, 2007!! I am so excited for the both of us. I am sort of new to this website, so please respond so that I will know whether or not I am doing this right.
tri_thunder
on 1/26/07 5:59 am
Congrats Vivian, I'm at April 5th. Started the countdown and making lists of what needs to be done between now and then. This is what I have so far... 1 - Get off the caffienne. I say this with at 1L of Dt. Dew on my desk. Gonna be tough... 2 - I don't drink/smoke, so no issues there. 3 - Get will updated. 4 - Exercise, focusing on cardio. Working the lungs, balloon blowing, etc... Get in the best shape I can before they crack me open like a clam... 5 - Educate the kids (3 and 5) as well as Mrs on what to expect. 6 - I've seen people say they stocked up on foods, others didn't as tastes change. I will get some popsicles, some soup assortments, and a few different syles of protien drinks, but won't go overboard. 7 - Get some vitamins in place. I take one-a-days now, but need Calcium Citrate, ADEK's. Do I worry about any B-12/Iron or wait? 8 - Get house in order. (comfy clothes, drinking cups, recliner is already upstairs, etc. Some things will have to wait until carpet is back in the basement (Sump pump failed and new carpet coming on Jan 31st.) Treadmill going back downstairs. 9 - Get all the time off requests from the 2 jobs in place and train backups. 10 - Already told my support network, (friends/family) of date, keep them updated. 11 - Need to schedule physical and EKG. 12 - What else would/did you do? And why doesn't OH have a search function for this forum? I've decided on the DS, but we're all going to be in the same boat with anxiety, nervousness, being excited, etc... Here's to a great start to the new year... Jim
qjgrant
on 1/29/07 11:58 pm - Johns Island, SC
Hey Vivian, it's me again...James gave some grrrrreat advice. I forgot to mention that I have to begin a liquid diet for two weeks prior to the surgery. They claim that my BMI is so high that it causes the liver to enlargen, so the liquid fast will make the liver easier to move around during the procedure. Do you have to "drink-it-up" too?
Julie85
on 2/2/07 2:11 am - NY
Lap Band on 06/11/07 with
Congrats on your date! I don't have one yet, I'm not nearly there. I just went for info session yesterday, and I don't even know where to start with all the red tape to cross to get to the surgery!!!! How do you do it?!!??! Anyway, they told us at the info session that anyone who is 100 pounds overweight has an enlarged liver, so it's not you more than anyone else!! I don't know how I'll survive the liquids only for two weeks (I don't want any of my coworkers to know about it, so I'll have to work on my acting skills) but even more that that, I don't know how I will manage to get all the necessary paperwork done.
Jil :-)
on 2/18/07 12:29 pm - Northern, CA
I'm HOPING for April... so I'm not "official" here yet. Julie - I'm not going to tell my co-workers either(my boss does know though). What are you planning to say? I have NO idea! I know I don't HAVe to say anything, but we're a pretty tight group. We've also been very busy at work, so I don't want them thinking I'm just bailing on them. Someone suggested, "female problem", I really like that. How long are you planning to take off? Good luck!
knewell
on 2/16/07 3:51 am
I am fairly new to this website and I am having surgery April 3, 2007. Maybe we can keep in touch to let each other know what is happening? Kelli
K A.
on 2/21/07 3:13 am
April 3 for me as well!!
Schmeesa
on 2/23/07 1:59 am - Portland, OR
Hi Vivian, I'm surgery on April 4th. I'd be happy to be your buddy! Lisa
Michelle J.
on 2/27/07 3:44 am - Buffalo, NY
Hi Vivian! My surgery date is April 2nd. I am very excited as well, I'm actually counting down the days. I too am looking for others that will be going through this transformation with me. What type of surgery are you having? I'm having RNY lap. I am new to this mesasge board thing, so I will try and keep up with it. Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 917 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 914 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1024 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 984 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1129 views