Where has the time gone?

Michelle J.
on 3/1/07 9:48 pm - Buffalo, NY
I can't believe how fast the time has passed. I started my weight loss journey in September 2006 and now I only have 31 more days to go. I am so excited, I spend so much time on this site lately just trying to find someone to share my excitement. I have probably talked all my friends and family to death about this surgery. It's really the only thing on my mind these days, and it's the only topic that interests me. My family has been very understanding though and they just sit there and let we babble on and on about the new me to come. I'm interested to hear what everyone else is going through. I still have so much to do though. Starting next week, I have an appt. at the hospital to review the procedure and diet. It's a group meeting which I am anxiously awaiting. Then I have my pre-op testing, appt with my PCP for medical clearance, one more visit at the surgeon's office for a final weigh in, then surgery. I also still need to shop for my post op foods and slim fast for my two week liquid diet prior to surgery. Althought the time has gone by rather quickly, the next 31 days will not go fast enough. Take care and hope to hear from some of you!
C. Reed
on 3/2/07 11:25 am - Gouverneur, NY
Hi Michelle, First of all I would like to congratulate you on getting your surgery date! I just got mine a couple weeks ago and am feeling the same way as you. April 26th is my date, and I can't wait! Kind of rhymes doesn't it? LOL!! I can't talk about my upcoming surgery enough to my family. They have actually probably tuned me out since I talk about it so much! LOL! They seem to be very supportive on my decision though and are encouraging me all the way. I have my group meeting(Pre-Admission meeting) on April 18th and also get to meet with my surgeon that day as well! If I have to get any testing, I will have it done on the 18th of april as well. I am so excited to meet with my surgeon! I hear he is a friendly, handsome(not that I would care if he was handsome or not...LOL) intellegent, and very skilled surgeon. After that, I have the dreaded bowel prep on the 25th of April and then get the surgery. Yahoo! I can't wait! I still have to get protein supplements and get some things in order for when I get home, then I should be all set to go! Let me know how you make out with your upcoming appointments and GOOD LUCK with your surgery. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery! Clayton
Michelle J.
on 3/5/07 10:53 pm - Buffalo, NY
Hi Clayton, How nice to hear from you. I have my group meeting this Thursday 3/8. I'm anxious because I haven't seen a Dr. since December. I just want to make sure that I'm on track and have done or have scheduled everything that needs to be done. Only 26 more days to go. I wasn't even thinking about it until I read somebody's post, but I had to make a list of what I need to take to the hospital. I've been focusing on getting my post-op food, I didn't even think about what I need to take to the hospital. Good luck with everything and let me know how things turn out. Take care, Michelle
C. Reed
on 3/6/07 12:33 am - Gouverneur, NY
Hi Michelle, Good to hear back from you. I am glad to hear that you are getting things ready for the hospital. I am trying to get some things ready to go too. I have a reminder list on my profile that helps me keep track of things that I need and already have ready to go. LOL! Of course I will probably forget something if I did not have a list! LOL. I have to get a few more things and then I should be ready to go! Only 50 days until I get my surgery. I am so excited to get this, but am also nervous too. I have to meet with the dietician next tuesday and I should make out ok. I think I have gained a little, but hopefully she will let it slide. Hopefully I won't get scolded for the gain. lol. I will let you know how everything goes and how I make out after my surgery. Thanks for the encouragement and good luck with your surgery. Clayton
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1127 views