How do I stop these cravings?

Eloise N.
on 3/7/07 11:10 am - Dallas, TX
I'm on this high protein pre-op diet in preparation for my Lap band surgery on April 13th . I'm going through some serious sugar withdrawal. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to stop the cravings so that I can stay on this diet?
C. Reed
on 3/7/07 8:52 pm - Gouverneur, NY
Hi there, First I would like to congratulate you on your date! Mine is April 26th and I am having the RNY. I really don't have any advice on how to stop the cravings. I am having quite a hard time myself with cutting out the sweets. I know I have to quit them, but it is VERY HARD! Please let me know if you find someone to help you on this. I need some help too.lol.... Clayton
Eloise N.
on 3/7/07 10:04 pm - Dallas, TX
Good luck on your surgery!! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one dealing with this. For me, cutting out sweets feels like I'm kicking an addiction cold turkey, really tough, but you must know exactly what I mean. I hope that we can both find the strength to do what's necessary to lose the weight. Thanks for the support! Eloise N
Michelle J.
on 3/8/07 3:29 am - Buffalo, NY
I just had my group meeting today and I too have to do two weeks of low carb shakes before surgery. The Dr. did tell us that we can have sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, or crystal light during this time as well. It's pretty much the same clear liquids that I'm allowed after surgery. Maybe they will help with the cravings. It's worth a shot. I've been getting headaches from the sugar withdrawal, but I just chug some water and hope it will go away, and eventually it does. I just found out today that I can have the other stuff, so I'll have to give it a try myself. Good luck and congrats on the surgery date! Michelle
Eloise N.
on 3/8/07 7:08 am - Dallas, TX
I'm going to run out and buy some sugar free jello and popsicles today. Thanks for that!!!!!!!! Eloise
Hisdove
on 3/8/07 10:55 am
Hi... I know that when I've been on diets in the past... I find that when I crave sugar I'm really thirsty. I find that if I just give in and drink a tall glass of water.. the sugar craving goes out the window. Just a thought. Im not on a pre-op diet... I've always been good at dieting (for the first 3 weeks!) HA! And then I always fall off the horse... I'm a all or nothing kinda gal I guess. I hope that advice helps... Remember. whatever weight you loose before surgery.. will STAY OFF forever. No more yo yo! -shakeira
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 913 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1127 views